• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The New BMW G 310 GS Thread~

Engle Motors had had a non running 310R at the open house a couple weeks ago. I was surprised it was not a bad fit for me.

2017 Open House (2).jpg

Update to the BMW Motorrad Canada site now showing pricing

Canadian pricing information in (CAD):

BMW G310GS
†Bi-Weekly Payment: $45
MSRP: $5,990
APR 5.49% / 60 Month Term

Technical Data:

Engine
Type Water-cooled, single-cylinder 4-stroke engine, four valves, two overhead camshafts and finger followers, wet sump lubrication
Bore x stroke 80 mm x 62,1 mm
Capacity 313 ccm
Rated output 25 kW (34 PS) at 9500 U/min (ECE Version)
Max. torque 28 Nm at 7500 U/min
Compression ratio 10,6:1
Mixture control / engine management Electronic fuel injection, BMS-E2.
Emission control Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4

Performance / fuel consumption
Maximum speed 143 km/h
Fuel type Minimum octane rating 91 RON (recommendation EU: 95 RON, recommendation BRA E27)

Electrical system
Alternator 308 W
Battery 12 V / 8 Ah, Maintenance free

Power transmission
Clutch Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath, mechanically operated
Gearbox Synchromesh 6-speed transmision Integrated in the motor housing.
Drive Endless Z-ring chain, shock damping in rear wheel hub

Chassis / brakes
Frame Tubular steel frame with bolted rear frame.
Front wheel location / suspension Upside down fork , Ø 41 mm
Rear wheel location / suspension solid die-cast aluminum swingarm, directly hinged monoshock, adjustable preload
Suspension travel front / rear 180 mm / 180 mm
Wheelbase 1.420 mm
Castor 98 mm
Steering head angle 63,3°
Wheels Cast aluminium wheels
Rim, front 2,50 x 19"
Rim, rear 4,0 x 17"
Tyres, front 110/80 R 19
Tyres, rear 150/70 R 17
Brake, front Single disc, diameter 300 mm, 4-piston fixed caliper, radially bolted
Brake, rear Single disc, diameter 240 mm, single-piston floating caliper
ABS BMW Motorrad ABS

Dimensions / weights
Length 2,075 mm
Width (incl. mirrors) 880 mm
Height (excl. mirrors) 1,230 mm
Seat height, unladen weight 835 mm (820 mm: Low Seat; 850 mm: Comfort Seat)
Inner leg curve, unladen weight 1,870 mm (1,840 mm: Low seat; 1,900 mm: Comfort Seat)
Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled 1) 169.5 kg
Permitted total weight 345 kg
Payload (with standard equipment) 175.5 kg
Usable tank volume 11 l
Reserve approx. 1 l

Technical data relate to the unladen weight (DIN)
1) According to Directive 93/93/EEC with all fluids, fuelled to at least 90% of usable fuel tank

The last we heard from Engle Motors, our dealer, was not until October . . .
Voni
sMiling

After seeing at least 3 different posters from multiple states mention their dealer is Engle Motors, I am feeling very fortunate that I live 45 minutes away from them :)

Haven't bought a bike from them (yet), but had my new to me K1200RS serviced there and they seem like good people.

310r

Engle Motors had had a non running 310R at the open house a couple weeks ago. I was surprised it was not a bad fit for me.

View attachment 61128

Whenever one of us finally manage to purchase a red white and blue R model...just be sure it has a new front tire! it could be the demo that was intentionally mutilated so no-one would be tempted to test ride! A new :Red: will be replacing the wife's trusty 95 GS Yellow 650!.. We are waiting patiently.......:dance

..just be sure it has a new front tire! it could be the demo that was intentionally mutilated so no-one would be tempted to test ride!

It was not a demo. The bike in the picture was shipped around to different shops and one shop told me it was not a working bike.

It was not a demo. The bike in the picture was shipped around to different shops and one shop told me it was not a working bike.

Exactly!..Thats what was explained to me, but I figured those cagey Euro people just took the battery out...cut the front tire and sent it around the world! I will be checking when mine comes in...:)

I have seen 2 310r's neither had a key. I was told June now its September. I wanted to ride the R to get a feel for it. I expect to buy a GS,
BMW has been less than honest about this.
When I see a R I will sign up to ride it
and wait for the GS.
Not clear as to why this is screwed up as I have seen ride reports from Europe and other places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked with my local Dealer in Calgary this week for availability of the GS and they now are saying late September but are guessing October. I asked the fellow if he knew how many units will be coming and what colour they would be. He said he had no idea and suspected he would get between zero and two in the first month. He made it sound like a lottery! I'm not sure how the ordering system works with BMW Motorrad Canada; I would have thought they had a system to check where bikes were at any point in time from factory to Dealer floor. :scratch

I checked with my local Dealer in Calgary this week for availability of the GS and they now are saying late September but are guessing October. I asked the fellow if he knew how many units will be coming and what colour they would be. He said he had no idea and suspected he would get between zero and two in the first month. He made it sound like a lottery! I'm not sure how the ordering system works with BMW Motorrad Canada; I would have thought they had a system to check where bikes were at any point in time from factory to Dealer floor. :scratch

Usually on launches the dealers don't order, they are centrally ordered and awarded to dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dealer tells me it will be next year before we see any GS's. And you can't order one yet, no price list and no anything. It's a waiting game. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get myself one, but I sure would like to sit on one first.

My dealer tells me it will be next year before we see any GS's. And you can't order one yet, no price list and no anything. It's a waiting game. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get myself one, but I sure would like to sit on one first.

Such an interesting sounding machine.
I'd really like to see a manufacturer, when they are going to introduce a new (highly anticipated) machine, take the potential customers along for the build/supply story. It would probably ease the "pain" of a "teased" release date.
OM

Two weeks ago we put a $500 deposit down on a new 310 and we are number 2 on the list; the dealer said there are 3 of us that put $500 down and will get the first 3 bikes which he said should be here in August and the people that are on the list but didn't put money down will not get their bikes until September and not all of them may get one if indeed they get enough to satisfy demand. He said he doubted they would have a demo for riding at least not for awhile. We talked to the rep at the BMW MOA rally and he said August delivery but then he also said a month later for the GS model but think he is over optimistic. We haven't had a BMW for 4 years after having one a piece for the prior 25 years and 800,000 plus miles. We currently have 300 Hondas; my wife had a 250 Honda that she put 38,000 miles on in 3 years and took it all over the country I have had a Harley and a 250 Honda and a CTX 700 Honda and now a 300 Honda but sure miss BMW and have been going to the National BMW rallies, this last one being number 24. We rode our little Hondas from Illinois to Utah and they did fine and we know we impressed at least one BMW RT rider as we followed him at least a hundred miles in Wyoming riding 85 mph but then again he said he had Harleys for 42 years and this new RT was unbelievable in comparison.

I know this is the 310GS thread but the quicker the 310R gets here the quicker the GS will get here. Last Thursday our salesman said he talked to the BMW Rep and the G310Rs are in port and waiting to pass customs and then will be distributed and should get ours by the first of September. We also have a 310GS ordered but didn't know when it would come.

Back