Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The New BMW G 310 GS Thread~

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post

p.p.s. When I said I wanted two 310s they did not try to sell me 1200s.
    Yeah, I think you demonstrated you really wanted that particular model of bike. My experience with this Dealer (I have purchased four bikes from them in the last eight years) is requiring a minimum of $1000 deposit. I don't want to strand that cash till Fall should they deliver even later and I have no real riding opportunity this year. Not their problem, just mine. As I have seen you write - you pays your money and takes your chances.
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)

Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by bogthebasher View Post
    Yeah, I think you demonstrated you really wanted that particular model of bike. My experience with this Dealer (I have purchased four bikes from them in the last eight years) is requiring a minimum of $1000 deposit. I don't want to strand that cash till Fall should they deliver even later and I have no real riding opportunity this year. Not their problem, just mine. As I have seen you write - you pays your money and takes your chances.
    Ken, I have two in line as #1 and #2 they have from BMW Mororrad USA. One must be RED. Zero down. That is what several new and several used bikes since 1984 will get you. I have bought 1.9 million miles worth of parts in the past 33 years from them. Dealership loyalty does mean something. When I tell them I want two 310s they simply believe me. YMMV. And they will deliver when they can. Engle Motors. Kansas City. My dealer, even if I do live 1100 miles away in Texas.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

High Tariff Proposed

If you live in the US and are into small imported bikes from the EU you may wish to weigh into this.

"The Office of United States Trade Representative requested comments on Dec. 28 regarding its proposal to include tariffs on motorcycles imported from the European Union with an engine size between 51cc and 500cc in the E.U. U.S. beef hormone trade dispute. The deadline to submit comments is Jan. 30.

The American Motorcyclist Association opposes the proposed tariff, because trade disputes residing within the boundaries of the agricultural industry should not be solved with trade sanctions levied against non-agricultural products.

Specifically, a 100 percent, or higher, tariff on these motorcycles is proposed. This will cause serious and potentially irreversible harm to American small- and medium-sized business owners selling the vehicles. Additionally, consumers will be denied access to certain models of competition and recreational motorcycles that contribute to the lifestyle and wellbeing of millions of American families.

Manufacturers that will be impacted: 1) Aprilla; 2) Beta; 3) BMW; 4) Ducati; 5) Fantic; 6) Gas Gas; 7) Husqvarna; 9) KTM; 10) Montesa; 11) Piaggio; 12) Scorpa; 13) Sherco; 14) TM; and 15) Vespa."

See:
    https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/app/...ementId=275833

Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Thanks for your updated information. We are waiting. Almost patiently.

Come on Summer 2017!
    I saw a post on the R1200RS forum where the press had a group of 310R and at least 1 310GS for a few days last week at the Rock Store.
    One of the guys was able to take a test ride on the 310GS.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolf
    I got to ride the G310GS on MULHOLLAND HWY and have to say it was GREAT FUN the bike is a great
    addition to the BMW lineup , the INTERNATIONAL PRESS RELEASE was held a the Rock Store , it was 4 days of fun with all the PRESS

gs.jpg

310.jpg
    Last edited by Lee; 02-15-2017 at 11:54 PM.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by bmwroadsterca View Post
    If you live in the US and are into small imported bikes from the EU you may wish to weigh into this.

"The Office of United States Trade Representative requested comments on Dec. 28 regarding its proposal to include tariffs on motorcycles imported from the European Union with an engine size between 51cc and 500cc in the E.U. U.S. beef hormone trade dispute. The deadline to submit comments is Jan. 30.

The American Motorcyclist Association opposes the proposed tariff, because trade disputes residing within the boundaries of the agricultural industry should not be solved with trade sanctions levied against non-agricultural products.

Specifically, a 100 percent, or higher, tariff on these motorcycles is proposed. This will cause serious and potentially irreversible harm to American small- and medium-sized business owners selling the vehicles. Additionally, consumers will be denied access to certain models of competition and recreational motorcycles that contribute to the lifestyle and wellbeing of millions of American families.

Manufacturers that will be impacted: 1) Aprilla; 2) Beta; 3) BMW; 4) Ducati; 5) Fantic; 6) Gas Gas; 7) Husqvarna; 9) KTM; 10) Montesa; 11) Piaggio; 12) Scorpa; 13) Sherco; 14) TM; and 15) Vespa."

See:
    https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/app/...ementId=275833

I wonder if this proposal really includes the G310 models, which I understand to be built in India. (and Brazil?)
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

This replaces the previously posted link to the AMA call for action.

https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/app/...ementId=284993

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Ken, I have two in line as #1 and #2 they have from BMW Mororrad USA. One must be RED. Zero down. That is what several new and several used bikes since 1984 will get you. I have bought 1.9 million miles worth of parts in the past 33 years from them. Dealership loyalty does mean something. When I tell them I want two 310s they simply believe me. YMMV. And they will deliver when they can. Engle Motors. Kansas City. My dealer, even if I do live 1100 miles away in Texas.
    Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 6.43.36 PM.jpg

Well I am only ~1600 miles from that Dealer - just a pesky border to cross.
    Ken Dittrick

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    A couple of pictures from the YB Montreal thread-

Thanks to BBQer

http://www.kenspring.com/ybforum/sho...o-next-weekend

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    This is coming right after the R release. Post thoughts and ownership stories here

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/usa/a...language=en_US

Attachment 59062
    Ohhhh

In the Northeast area- From Max E-Mail...

Looking forward to seeing the new G310R in person? MAX BMW will be displaying a G310R at each of our 4 locations over the next month! Come see it in the following stores:

Brookfield, Connecticut - April 8th

South Windsor, Connecticut - April 15th

Troy, New York - April 22nd

North Hampton, New Hampshire - April 29th

The G310R is a new addition to the BMW Motorrad family. With a 2017 MSRP starting at $4,750 it is an affordable bike that has already attracted much interest. Whether you are an experienced rider or a beginner looking to get in to the BMW Motorrad family, the G310R is truly a bike built for riders of all ages and experience.

The G310R will be available for purchase MAX BMW stores around June or July. We are currently taking deposits.

I've been thinking of something a bit lighter. Hope to hear good reports.

Posted specs look good-

2017 BMW G 310 R Specs

Base Price: $4,750
    Engine Type: Liquid-cooled, DOHC single, 4 valves per cyl
    Displacement: 313cc
    Bore x Stroke: 80.0 x 62.0mm
    Transmission: 6-speed, wet multi-plate clutch
    Final Drive: O-ring chain
    Wheelbase: 54.1 in.
    Rake/Trail: 25.1 degrees/4.7 in.
    Seat Height: 30.9 in.
    Claimed Wet Weight: 350 lbs.
    Fuel Capacity: 2.9 gals.

Hope it's a winner.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Engle Motors had had a non running 310R at the open house a couple weeks ago. I was surprised it was not a bad fit for me.

2017 Open House (2).jpg
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Update to the BMW Motorrad Canada site now showing pricing

Canadian pricing information in (CAD):

BMW G310GS
    †Bi-Weekly Payment: $45
    MSRP: $5,990
    APR 5.49% / 60 Month Term

Technical Data:

Engine
    Type Water-cooled, single-cylinder 4-stroke engine, four valves, two overhead camshafts and finger followers, wet sump lubrication
    Bore x stroke 80 mm x 62,1 mm
    Capacity 313 ccm
    Rated output 25 kW (34 PS) at 9500 U/min (ECE Version)
    Max. torque 28 Nm at 7500 U/min
    Compression ratio 10,6:1
    Mixture control / engine management Electronic fuel injection, BMS-E2.
    Emission control Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4

Performance / fuel consumption
    Maximum speed 143 km/h
    Fuel type Minimum octane rating 91 RON (recommendation EU: 95 RON, recommendation BRA E27)

Electrical system
    Alternator 308 W
    Battery 12 V / 8 Ah, Maintenance free

Power transmission
    Clutch Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath, mechanically operated
    Gearbox Synchromesh 6-speed transmision Integrated in the motor housing.
    Drive Endless Z-ring chain, shock damping in rear wheel hub

Chassis / brakes
    Frame Tubular steel frame with bolted rear frame.
    Front wheel location / suspension Upside down fork , 41 mm
    Rear wheel location / suspension solid die-cast aluminum swingarm, directly hinged monoshock, adjustable preload
    Suspension travel front / rear 180 mm / 180 mm
    Wheelbase 1.420 mm
    Castor 98 mm
    Steering head angle 63,3
    Wheels Cast aluminium wheels
    Rim, front 2,50 x 19"
    Rim, rear 4,0 x 17"
    Tyres, front 110/80 R 19
    Tyres, rear 150/70 R 17
    Brake, front Single disc, diameter 300 mm, 4-piston fixed caliper, radially bolted
    Brake, rear Single disc, diameter 240 mm, single-piston floating caliper
    ABS BMW Motorrad ABS

Dimensions / weights
    Length 2,075 mm
    Width (incl. mirrors) 880 mm
    Height (excl. mirrors) 1,230 mm
    Seat height, unladen weight 835 mm (820 mm: Low Seat; 850 mm: Comfort Seat)
    Inner leg curve, unladen weight 1,870 mm (1,840 mm: Low seat; 1,900 mm: Comfort Seat)
    Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled 1) 169.5 kg
    Permitted total weight 345 kg
    Payload (with standard equipment) 175.5 kg
    Usable tank volume 11 l
    Reserve approx. 1 l

Technical data relate to the unladen weight (DIN)
    1) According to Directive 93/93/EEC with all fluids, fuelled to at least 90% of usable fuel tank
    Ken Dittrick

Any news on one of these being delivered?
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

The last we heard from Engle Motors, our dealer, was not until October . . .
    Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

After seeing at least 3 different posters from multiple states mention their dealer is Engle Motors, I am feeling very fortunate that I live 45 minutes away from them

Haven't bought a bike from them (yet), but had my new to me K1200RS serviced there and they seem like good people.