• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The New BMW G 310 GS Thread~

Hello

It is winter here, it will only get to the mid 80s today. I just got back from a 150 mile ride for brunch. So when you meet me on the road will you still wave?

Attachments

• Aug 17 11.jpg
    Aug 17 11.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 351
No, about average for coffee or lunch. My longest one-way was just under 7000 miles when I rode my F650GS back to Alaska. My youngest son rode with. It was the best trip ever.

Attachments

• 2011 ALCAN Kitwonga.jpg
    2011 ALCAN Kitwonga.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 318
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vKKDr0h5dto" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Voni
sMiling

I hope they get this bike rolling, delivered, sorted and supported- soon.

It looks like Honda will be nipping at the market soon with the XRE 300-

xre-300-white-abs.jpg

Looks like-
Honda XRE 300 patent image leaked in India; Will compete against KTM 390 Adventure, Royal Enfield Himalayan & BMW G 310 GS

OM

Seems to be getting close(r)- From a BMW message today-

zoom_36.jpg

The BMW G 310 GS. Everyday adventures.
Be spontaneous, break the routine, and make everyday life into an adventure. Whether it’s your daily commute to work in the city, a trip through the countryside, or through forest trails and rough roads, the G 310 GS promises pure riding joy for everyone. It carries you through the urban jungle and allows you to take on any challenge with precision, confidently and carefree. With this machine, adventures don’t have to be big to be unforgettable. What matters is that you experience them every day.

Typical GS.
This bike is unmistakably a GS – robust and diverse. With its classic adventure design, the G 310 GS embodies the GS Spirit. The renowned GS ergonomics bring a commanding riding position on any surface.

Light and confident.
The G 310 GS makes for relaxed riding. It’s arranged in a balanced way, making it easily reachable for riders big and small. The bike is agile and steers easily and precisely through the city or along forgotten streets to the next adventure.

Dynamic mixture.
The bike’s single-cylinder engine is striking. Its unconventional engine arrangement lowers the vehicle’s center of gravity, and offers endless riding comfort and control. Inside this machine, you will find the unmatched quality and expertise that can only be found on a BMW Motorrad bike.

Extremely well equipped.
Dual-channel ABS is included as standard equipment, and naturally there's a range of special accessories so you can configure your ideal ride.

Engine
Type Liquid-cooled, single-cylinder 4-stroke engine, four valves, two overhead camshafts and finger followers, wet sump lubrication
Bore x stroke 80 mm x 62.1 mm
Capacity 313 ccm
Rated output 34 hp (25 kW) at 9,500 rpm
Max. torque 21 lb-ft (28 Nm) at 7,500 rpm
Compression ratio 10.6:1
Mixture control / engine management Electronic fuel injection
Emission control Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
Performance / fuel consumption
Maximum speed 89 mph
Fuel consumption 71 mpg (WMTC)
Fuel type Premium Unleaded
Electrical system
Alternator Three-phase 308 W generator
Battery 12 V / 8 Ah, Maintenance free
Power transmission
Clutch Multi-plate wet clutch, mechanically operated
Gearbox Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox
Drive Chain drive
Chassis / brakes
Frame Tubular steel frame with bolted rear frame
Front wheel location / suspension Upside down fork , Ø 41 mm
Rear wheel location / suspension Solid die-cast aluminum swingarm, directly hinged monoshock, adjustable preload
Suspension travel front / rear 7.1” / 7.1” (180 mm / 180 mm)
Wheelbase 55.9” (1,420 mm)
Castor 3.9” (98 mm)
Steering head angle 63.3°
Wheels Cast aluminum wheels
Rim, front 2.50 x 19"
Rim, rear 4.0 x 17"
Tires, front 110/80 R 19
Tires, rear 150/70 R 17
Brake, front Single disc, diameter 300 mm, 4-piston fixed caliper, radially bolted
Brake, rear Single disc, diameter 240 mm, single-piston floating caliper
ABS BMW Motorrad ABS
Dimensions / weights
Length 81.8” (2,075 mm)
Width (incl. mirrors) 34.7” (880 mm)
Height (excl. mirrors) 48.5” (1,230 mm)
Seat height, unladen weight Standard Seat: 32.9", High Seat: 33.5", Low Seat: 32.3"
Inner leg curve, unladen weight Standard Seat: 73.7", High Seat: 74.9", Low Seat: 72.5"
Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled 1) 374 lbs (169.5 kg)
Permitted total weight 761 lbs (345 kg)
Payload (with standard equipment) 387 lbs (175.5 kg)
Usable tank volume 2.9 gal (11 l)
Reserve Approx. 0.3 gal (1 l)
Technical data relate to the unladen weight (DIN)
1) According to guideline 93/93/EWG with all fluids, fueled with at least 90% of usable tank volume

normal_10.jpg

normal_20.jpg

I'd like to take one for a test drive.

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en...venture/g310gs/g310gs_overview.html&notrack=1

OM :burnout

I hope they get this bike rolling, delivered, sorted and supported- soon.

It looks like Honda will be nipping at the market soon with the XRE 300-

xre-300-white-abs.jpg

Looks like-
Honda XRE 300 patent image leaked in India; Will compete against KTM 390 Adventure, Royal Enfield Himalayan & BMW G 310 GS

OM

Looks like the fork tube protectors are in the wrong place.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI

Great! So when is BMW going to make a bike designed for less than premium, high octane gasoline?

Back