• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The New BMW G 310 GS Thread~

WoooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few pics from picking them up yesterday at Engle Motors in Kansas City. We rode to our son's in Lawrence and every mile was sweeter!

Way better than we'd dreamed they'd be.

Voni
sMiling

FMZO9026.jpg

IMG_E7692.jpg

:brad

Attachments

• IMG_7668.jpg
    IMG_7668.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_7679.jpg
    IMG_7679.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_7680.jpg
    IMG_7680.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 358
From my point of view the Racing RED is just fine for me!

IMG_E7670.jpg

Jim Popper has designed our new hats:

IMG_7634.jpg

Look like high maintenance bikes, seeing as you need to do the first oil change before leaving the showroom.:ha

attachment.php

Enjoy the rides! :burnout

Look like high maintenance bikes, seeing as you need to do the first oil change before leaving the showroom.:ha

attachment.php

Enjoy the rides! :burnout

I was just confirming that the oil change is as stone simple as on Voni's F800, where oil changes take 5 minutes. It is!

I have been following the development and intro of this bike in the US for nearly two years. Yesterday was fortunate enough to acquire the second of the two allocated to BMW Western Oregon in the Portland area. Who knew that by ending up with a red one I would be following in the footsteps of Voni Glaves? Voni you’re going to have to hook me up with the source for one of those matching red hats!

F03DC9F5-9A20-4EBF-AE61-7E2E2B7FD7AD.jpg

Julie went and saw her new 310GS Saturday but will have to wait for better weather to bring it home from Iowa City as we live 130 miles southeast of there. She has recently had bunion surgery so won't be riding for awhile but I will ride it home when we get a mid 40s temp. day. It looks bigger than we thought it would and bigger than my G310R. We think it looks the same size as a 700GS she had or the G650GS she had. It does set tall and she is on the balls of her feet but that wasn't with her bike boots on so she will be fine.

Attachments

• DSCN0502-001.jpg
    DSCN0502-001.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 279
... It looks bigger than we thought it would and bigger than my G310R. We think it looks the same size as a 700GS she had or the G650GS she had.

You are correct in the comparison to the 310R and 700GS. Definitely taller than the R but quite similar to the standard (non-Low) F700 which I previously owned as well. At 5'7" with a 29" inseam I have all but heels down in tennis shoes and all down in riding boots. Of course at 200 lbs there is some suspension compression involved as well! :)

I sat on a 310GS @ Max on Saturday.
It’s about the same as my 650 that I ordered a lower shock. I’m 175 with a 29.5 inseam, with a 5’6.5 height .
I still keeping my 650.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We rode ours about 100 miles today. Mine has made my 650 VStrom obsolete and for sale. We both can flat-foot the bikes. The flat torque curve is amazing. River road from Lajitas to Presidio is a nominal 50 mpg speed limit, with curves signed from 20 to 50. We rode it to Big Hill and it was a 5th gear roll on, roll off ride, and we still were breaking the bikes in and barely into the power band. I do not often giggle while riding, but I did today. TX 118 from the house to Study Butte is a 70 mph road. We rode it from 60 to 75, varying the RPM almost constantly to break things in. Plenty of responsiveness on both 5th and 6th. Fun bikes.

That’s great, I sat on one & Max. I’m sure they will update the bike.
I’m in NH the weather is strictly NE. My 650 will go to Max in 3 or 4 weeks for several updates.
Thank you for you post.
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We rode ours about 100 miles today. Mine has made my 650 VStrom obsolete and for sale. We both can flat-foot the bikes. The flat torque curve is amazing. River road from Lajitas to Presidio is a nominal 50 mpg speed limit, with curves signed from 20 to 50. We rode it to Big Hill and it was a 5th gear roll on, roll off ride, and we still were breaking the bikes in and barely into the power band. I do not often giggle while riding, but I did today. TX 118 from the house to Study Butte is a 70 mph road. We rode it from 60 to 75, varying the RPM almost constantly to break things in. Plenty of responsiveness on both 5th and 6th. Fun bikes.

Sounds good :thumb

:thumb

Are they quiet, as in fresh air across the face with no turbulence?

Yes. I was surprised because I have always used a windshield. I would not try to add one to this bike. It isn't needed except maybe in the dead of winter.

Back