Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: The New BMW G 310 GS Thread~

I am very happy with my G 310GS

I hesitate to call it a "Baby GS" because it can surprise you with its strong will. Thanks to Voni and Paul I grabbed mine just before the brake recall thing came out. Its a very capable on and off road motorcycle, true to my nature I have to make it mine so I did some personalizing with it. The biggest issue I had was introducing the new GS to the family, a little butt sniffing, some snarling and a more than enough barking (G 310Gs got an Ackrapovic carbon) but after a while they all settled down to a peaceful compromise.

I think the G 310GS will make the Winter Rally trip this year, you know it is "Florida's Coolest Rally" so why not show up with one of the coolest bikes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Recall

Got my bike back after the brake recall yesterday. I finally have a real front brake, rather than the sponge it came with. Diagnosis was a porous caliper casting. Caliper replaced. Rumor is that BMW has a part number for adjustable levers for the 310 but no price yet. Id like adjustable levers.
    Roger Wiles
    roger@rogerwiles.com
    www.rogerwiles.com
    706.897.8266 24/7 Wireless

I bought a new G310R in 2019 (or just a couple of posts ago in this space-time continuum). Loved it, but still bought other, bigger bikes.

My wife finally gave up her Rebel 250, and now loves the G310R -- even more so since adding a two-inch lowering link.

So I picked up a 2018 G310GS from Hermy's BMW Motorcycles a week or so ago -- being fairly well matched definitely makes our weekend rides so much nicer.

And I'm a bit taken aback by how much I love the 310GS. It's a seriously fun bike. Not ready to give up my RSL, but the GS is pretty hard to beat where we live -- no need to take freeways and lots of old, twisty roads. It's a great bike. They both are...

IMG_8641_g310s.jpg

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Looks like Twisted Throttle is selling the Zieger brand of center stand for the 310

Made in Germany. $164.00

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200