Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Removing body panels from RT

Quote Originally Posted by fletchdude View Post
    Yes it is. BMW seems to go too far with trying to not have fasteners exposed. Well at least I know how to get them on and off with hopes of not breaking anything. To be honest, if I had to live with the Velcro, I'd be ok. I'm going to keep some Velcro strips and zip ties in the tool kit from now on.

Hey, just an editorial note, none of this takes away from how awesome this bike is to ride. I'm looking forward to having her painted for spring.
    3M Dual Lock. Available in tape and dots. Industrial hook & loop.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by fletchdude View Post
    Yes it is. BMW seems to go too far with trying to not have fasteners exposed. Well at least I know how to get them on and off with hopes of not breaking anything. To be honest, if I had to live with the Velcro, I'd be ok. I'm going to keep some Velcro strips and zip ties in the tool kit from now on.

Hey, just an editorial note, none of this takes away from how awesome this bike is to ride. I'm looking forward to having her painted for spring.
    Any idea what the entire painted surfaces repaint to the RS model's blue and white scheme will cost? Also, how well will new paint hold up? I'm obviously ignorant of these things but I really like the RS scheme as well. Please post a photo when you get there :o)

Quote Originally Posted by ncpbmw1953 View Post
    Any idea what the entire painted surfaces repaint to the RS model's blue and white scheme will cost? Also, how well will new paint hold up? I'm obviously ignorant of these things but I really like the RS scheme as well. Please post a photo when you get there :o)
    I'm still getting quotes on the paint. I've had paint work done in the past with great results. I've had panels painted etc after scrapes and the paint was fine and lasted as well as new. I may get the guy who painted my sidecar to do it. Will post results when done.
    Fletch
    2014 RTW, 2007 R12R, 2013 F700GS

Has anyone run across a CD that demonstrtes how to, and the order of, removing the body panels?
    Mike Gray #103649
    2000 K1200LTC
    2014 F700GS
    2016 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by dabubba View Post
    Has anyone run across a CD that demonstrtes how to, and the order of, removing the body panels?
    Here you go ...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/KDoeYK9tvmI
    2016 BMW R1200RT
    1996 Honda VF750C Magna
    1983 Honda CB550 Nighthawk