• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member in Pittsburgh

maps

Hey everyone, I just got my first BMW, a 1986 R80RT! I'm glad to find such active and helpful communities centered around BMWs and Airheads. I plan to restore the bike as best I can, so it will help a lot to draw on the projects and knowledge posted here. Hopefully in the spring I'll have something to show off at the events as well!

Its missing a fairing and there are a few oddities, but it already runs really well. The ride is just great. My last road bike was a Wee Strom (DL650A), and I really prefer the handling and ride of the R80. A little less powerful and probably slower, but it doesn't matter because its so much more fun.

Cheers from Pittsburgh!

r80rt.jpg

Welcome to the forum!
Looks like you will have some fun with your new ride.
I think you have room for a lift in that garage :)
Gary

Welcome! The 800cc BMW is one of the smoothest machines and can handle both the highway and the curves. You'll enjoy the bike!!

Thanks!

It's actually a small club shop shared with about a dozen other people. We do have a lift, though, but there's a lovely bike in the way. :)

Hmmm, a small club shop that's shared. I think that's the first I've heard of doing something like that......Sounds like a great idea :thumb
OM

Back