• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Admore tail light bar on a wethead

Nearly 200 views and no reply. This is beginning to sound like no one has ever put one of these light bars on a wethead.

(no shame! bumping my own thread. I think I have learned a lot from the last elections)

Nearly 200 views and no reply. This is beginning to sound like no one has ever put one of these light bars on a wethead.

(no shame! bumping my own thread. I think I have learned a lot from the last elections)

"...whether is clear to you or not, the universe is unfolding as it should"
Could not put it better than yourself!

... plus, the Admore site listed makes a statement that the product is - canbus acceptable.

From the thread they look good, that being said I've installed a dozen sets of Skene P3 lights on various bikes and been quite happy with the results, no Canbus issues either

I installed their taillight bar on my 2015 RT with no problems. Bar stays on for a minute once ignition is turned off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Admore light problems on 2016 R1200RT

I installed their newest smart technology rear light on my 16 RT. I used the rear power socket for power as instructed. The light sometimes would never turn off and other times it would turn off after about an hour. If I plugged something into the power socket it would turn off right away. I don't think the thing draws enough current to let the computer know that something is on. Also I just had a 12K service done and the mechanic told me there were multiple brake light faults in memory so he disconnected the whole thing. He said he was worried about ABS system. Also said it was the second bike he had seen with the problem.
I'm going to use the switched power from the under seat fuse block, then make sure everything else is connected properly and try it again. If I still get faults, I'll probably switch to a Clearwater Billie light since I have the Darla lights with a canopener installed

I installed their newest smart technology rear light on my 16 RT. I used the rear power socket for power as instructed. The light sometimes would never turn off and other times it would turn off after about an hour. If I plugged something into the power socket it would turn off right away. I don't think the thing draws enough current to let the computer know that something is on. Also I just had a 12K service done and the mechanic told me there were multiple brake light faults in memory so he disconnected the whole thing. He said he was worried about ABS system. Also said it was the second bike he had seen with the problem.
I'm going to use the switched power from the under seat fuse block, then make sure everything else is connected properly and try it again. If I still get faults, I'll probably switch to a Clearwater Billie light since I have the Darla lights with a canopener installed

I have the same unit and pick up power from the same place. Mine stays on for one minute when I turn my 15 RT off. I asked one of the master techs at local dealer if there was a better place to get switched power and he said no, where I have it is as good as any other.

I have the Admore light on my 2017 R1200GS. No issues, no faults. I picked up power off of the Green/Red wire at the fuse block. I also installed one on my friend's 2015 RT with the power coming off of the rear powerlet socket. Again, no issues at all. The additional light (running, brake, turn) definitely improves visibility.

Admore light problem fixed

Switched power to the red/green wire on the fuse plug and everything works fine now. I cleared the faults with a GS-911,went for a ride and rescanned with no faults. I really like the light and am glad it's working now.

Back