Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Admore tail light bar on a wethead

  1. #1

    Admore tail light bar on a wethead

    Has anyone successfully installed an Admore tail light bar on a wethead? Canbus problems?

    https://www.admorelighting.com/produ...echnology-new/

  2. #2
    Nearly 200 views and no reply. This is beginning to sound like no one has ever put one of these light bars on a wethead.

    (no shame! bumping my own thread. I think I have learned a lot from the last elections)
    "...whether is clear to you or not, the universe is unfolding as it should"

  3. #3
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    11,898

    There has been some threads on can-bus work-around devices.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  4. #4
    Registered User temesvar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Windsor,ON
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Wethead View Post
    Nearly 200 views and no reply. This is beginning to sound like no one has ever put one of these light bars on a wethead.

    (no shame! bumping my own thread. I think I have learned a lot from the last elections)
    "...whether is clear to you or not, the universe is unfolding as it should"
    Could not put it better than yourself!

  5. #5
    Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"
    Posts
    492
    ... plus, the Admore site listed makes a statement that the product is - canbus acceptable.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    768
    From the thread they look good, that being said I've installed a dozen sets of Skene P3 lights on various bikes and been quite happy with the results, no Canbus issues either

  7. #7
    Registered User LFarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    197
    You should have no issues at all.

    I am assuming as I have their tail lights in my SHAD top case. Run/turn/brake. I ran into a issue because I tapped the taillight wire as a ignition on. That is fine as the canbus will take one tap other then the original taillight but I had another tap on it for my HyperLights. It(taillight circuit) is pretty fussy about how much is on it. So I had to grab ignition power on from a AUX power plug for the AddMore kit and all was fine.

    AddMore was great in service and support.

    I am sure it will be posi taps and you can get all your wire colors needed in the rear under the rear seat.

    All that said if you are looking to add driving lights down the road get a ezCAN and run a plain Jane LED red light bar that is plug and play, will be a flashing brake light, a deceleration light, a running light and no wire splices.

    Again nothing wrong with the AddMore bar and yes you can install it no issues if it is like their light kits for top cases.

    Hope this helps
    2015 R 1200 RT LC
    San Marino Blue
    Dark Side 205/50/ZR17

  8. #8
    Registered User 56223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    83
    I installed their taillight bar on my 2015 RT with no problems. Bar stays on for a minute once ignition is turned off.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pete
    2015 R1200RT

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    9

    Admore light bar installed on 2016 1200GS

    Quote Originally Posted by Wethead View Post
    Has anyone successfully installed an Admore tail light bar on a wethead? Canbus problems?

    https://www.admorelighting.com/produ...echnology-new/
    Yes- No problems with the CANBUS

  10. #10
    Registered User littlebriar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Harbor Beach, Michigan
    Posts
    36

    Admore light problems on 2016 R1200RT

    I installed their newest smart technology rear light on my 16 RT. I used the rear power socket for power as instructed. The light sometimes would never turn off and other times it would turn off after about an hour. If I plugged something into the power socket it would turn off right away. I don't think the thing draws enough current to let the computer know that something is on. Also I just had a 12K service done and the mechanic told me there were multiple brake light faults in memory so he disconnected the whole thing. He said he was worried about ABS system. Also said it was the second bike he had seen with the problem.
    I'm going to use the switched power from the under seat fuse block, then make sure everything else is connected properly and try it again. If I still get faults, I'll probably switch to a Clearwater Billie light since I have the Darla lights with a canopener installed
    Steve
    2016 R1200RT San Marino Blue Metalic

  11. #11
    Registered User 56223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebriar View Post
    I installed their newest smart technology rear light on my 16 RT. I used the rear power socket for power as instructed. The light sometimes would never turn off and other times it would turn off after about an hour. If I plugged something into the power socket it would turn off right away. I don't think the thing draws enough current to let the computer know that something is on. Also I just had a 12K service done and the mechanic told me there were multiple brake light faults in memory so he disconnected the whole thing. He said he was worried about ABS system. Also said it was the second bike he had seen with the problem.
    I'm going to use the switched power from the under seat fuse block, then make sure everything else is connected properly and try it again. If I still get faults, I'll probably switch to a Clearwater Billie light since I have the Darla lights with a canopener installed
    I have the same unit and pick up power from the same place. Mine stays on for one minute when I turn my 15 RT off. I asked one of the master techs at local dealer if there was a better place to get switched power and he said no, where I have it is as good as any other.
    Pete
    2015 R1200RT

  12. #12
    Addicted to curves azgman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    834
    I have the Admore light on my 2017 R1200GS. No issues, no faults. I picked up power off of the Green/Red wire at the fuse block. I also installed one on my friend's 2015 RT with the power coming off of the rear powerlet socket. Again, no issues at all. The additional light (running, brake, turn) definitely improves visibility.
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

  13. #13
    Registered User littlebriar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Harbor Beach, Michigan
    Posts
    36

    Admore light problem fixed

    Quote Originally Posted by littlebriar View Post
    I installed their newest smart technology rear light on my 16 RT. I used the rear power socket for power as instructed. The light sometimes would never turn off and other times it would turn off after about an hour. If I plugged something into the power socket it would turn off right away. I don't think the thing draws enough current to let the computer know that something is on. Also I just had a 12K service done and the mechanic told me there were multiple brake light faults in memory so he disconnected the whole thing. He said he was worried about ABS system. Also said it was the second bike he had seen with the problem.
    I'm going to use the switched power from the under seat fuse block, then make sure everything else is connected properly and try it again. If I still get faults, I'll probably switch to a Clearwater Billie light since I have the Darla lights with a canopener installed
    Switched power to the red/green wire on the fuse plug and everything works fine now. I cleared the faults with a GS-911,went for a ride and rescanned with no faults. I really like the light and am glad it's working now.
    Steve
    2016 R1200RT San Marino Blue Metalic

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •