• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Long Beach IMS!

pauls1150

MOA #24991, south of Los Angeles
Pretty decent show this year, all the new stuff of course, and lots of freebie giveaways.

I was VERY pleased to see that BMW NA shared its space with the MOA - This is most definitely a Win-Win for both groups, mutually beneficial to all (not to mention that maybe BMW has realized where its bread is buttered), especially considering that the Los Angeles area is probably one of this country's largest markets for bikes (and cars) in general.

I even got to chat with a couple of our board members there; Ken Engleman was running around not just talking to everybody, but he also got the task of keeping everybody off the Roland Sands customs. (Somebody forgot the "Please Do Not Sit Here" sign...?)

But of course the Ducati girls were better-lookin'... :heart

Out in the huge parking lot of the Long Beach Convention Center, it was pretty interesting to see what people actually did to their bikes, regardless of brand or type. Have to say - I was pretty miffed that some of the commercial advertisers had stuck cards and pamphlets on many of the bikes ... To all you goodie manufacturers and track-day centers: Please be advised that I specifically make it a point to NOT buy from somebody who so freely chooses to trespass upon my vehicle.

IMS.jpg

Yes - there was even one up for grabs in one of the contests (of course I entered!). It's actually a decent-looking bike; the pics I've seen really don't do it justice.

Nice, thanks:thumb

If BMW gets this right and it's as much fun as our KTM 390 Duke, it should be a winner. Don't let a sub 500cc bike keep anyone from taking a looksie...they are a blast.

re: Thanks for visiting!

With all the new BMW motorcycles recently launched in INTERMOT (Cologne Germany) and EICMA (Milan Italy), members should get together and visit the BMW Motorrad exhibit, check out the new models and gear, and say hello to me - promoting our MOA from inside BMW's exhibit for the first time in our 40+ year history! Here's the 2016/2017 International Motorcycle Show schedule: http://www.motorcycleshows.com/cities Come say hi!20161118_140537 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Ken Engelman has done a fantastic job of building our relationship with BMW Motorrad. A space in their booth is indeed very beneficial for both our organizations and it's great to see it happening.

Check out his photo from one of the unveilings.... right there! :thumb

2295_1479765754732-XL.jpg

Our editor Bill Weigand is on the left, immediately below the Suzuki logo. I'd kill for a shot of Ken with the BMW folks.

Big win for the MOA. :nod

Great to see Ken Engleman with the BMW NA display. He is always on the 'figure' trying to move the MOA in the right direction and getting assistance from 'sponsors' that we can support as well. Good goin' Ken!

The show was bigger than it has been in years, and with a teen son looking for a new bike we spent many hours on the prowl.

NYC on Friday

Looking forward to seeing Muriel and meeting you on Friday Ken.

Thanks for all you do.

Back