Good idea. But check the connections (corrosion, looseness) and wire type (pushing 10A through 18 or 16 gauge wire is a bad idea - go with at least 14 AWG or 12 if you've got the money and space). To get an idea of voltage drop, take a digital voltmeter, put the + probe on the + battery terminal, and the - probe on a connection as far from the battery as possible. Power up the circuit (key on, lights on maybe). The voltage seen is how much voltage (energy) disappears as heat and doesn't reach the load. If it's maybe .1 VDC, it's OK but might be better. .2 or higher... Not Good News.

And, of course, check the location and type!

If you're going to remake some connections, use di-electric grease (Auto Zone, etc. carry it) on the wire and connector. Crimp the connection super-tight and the grease will come off the point(s) of contact but protect the rest of the wire and connector. The same applies to battery terminals: lots of grease and very tight connection.