• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings from South Florida

bobcatbiker

After many years of owning other motorcycles, and four years of an intensive search for a BMW, four months ago I bought an '04 R1150R. In immaculate shape and only 27K miles, I've added 3K miles to the clock since then. Having owned five BMW cars over the years, I'm pleased that the R1150R is everything that I thought that it would be - a pleasure to ride. When the seat gets back from Russell (I have a Russell on my '00 Triumph Thunderbird), photos will be posted.

Welcome to the forum!
Your in a nice location to ride year round.
Gary
Thanks! Yes, although the roads in South and Central Florida are something of a snore, up in the northern parts of the state are decent. Other than dodging the occasional hurricane, the weather's great, except for July and August, when the heat and sun are a challenge.

Greetings from central Florida and welcome to the club. RDL addition to my 07 RT made all the difference for the wife and I. Our first test ride with it was your way to the Keys and back. Great ride. Did you get the holiday discount?

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?74988-Russell-Day-Long-Holiday-Special-15-off&highlight=

Thanks! I tried to live with the Sargent that came with the bike, but switching back and forth (mostly forth, since the BMW is the ride of choice now) between the two made me go to Russell for the BMW. Didn't know that there was a current holiday discount. They're scheduled to get the seat Monday and hopefully I'll get it back soon.

Didn't know that there was a current holiday discount.

Doesn't look like there is yet. If you read through my thread I think I explain how they do it. You just have to keep visiting their site until it shows up. Usually it is around this time of year. Go back next Monday afternoon and every day after until they ship back your seat. If it shows up before they ship it call and see if they will agree to honor the discount. Who knows - maybe they will and you might save 15%. Worth a shot.

Back