• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Test forum?

gtrider

Trying to sort out the process for creating or embedding links using an iPad. Is there such a thing as a test forum on the site, where one can experiment without annoying the masses?
Thx,
DG

DG -

Not specifically. I suppose you could continue to try posting in this thread. If we learn something significant, maybe we keep the thread. If not, then maybe the thread gets deleted at some point.

Trying to sort out the process for creating or embedding links using an iPad. Is there such a thing as a test forum on the site, where one can experiment without annoying the masses?
Thx,
DG

Do it right here. Chances are any question you have or "procedure" you use will be of interest to many Members.
I've found that sometimes a link works a little different with the iPad. I suspect it because the iPad is "seen" as a mobile version.
If you need help, just ask.
Gary

Use the preview function allows you to see your post before it goes up. The only thin preview will not show is an embedded video. I use this to check for errors, broken links and other things before posting in BR&TMR thread.

Link Test

Thanks, think I have it figured out now. I just needed a spot to tinker with to make sure I had it right.
Best,
DG

Last edited:
Back