• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tuscany/Sardinia/Corsica in April 2017

RadioFlyer

Right2Repair
Hello. My wife and I are one of three Ontario Canada retired couples doing a tour of Tuscany/Sardinia/Corsica in April 2017. Having another bike or two would on the roster would generate the best pricing for all. We are familiar with the operator as we did a tour in Croatia with him and had a fantastic trip.

We are doing an 11 day version of this tour leaving from Florence rather than Venice.
http://www.mototrip-tours.com/motorcycle-tours/guided-motorcycle-tour-corsica-sardinia-tuscany.htm

If you are interested you can contact Darko Novosel at the above site for details or feel free to pose any questions to myself.

Here is a link to my 2014 ride report on a tour we did with Darko.
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?74651-MotoTrip-Sunset-Tour-in-Croatia&highlight=

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
Considering you are renting the cheapest bike,F700GS, the price for you two is 10940 Euro.
That is about Can$ 15000, rather more than less. If we add the flight expense, another Can$
3000, we are talking Can$ 18 000 for 11 days!(Us$14000) If you can afford this, you should
rent a private jet to fly over!! Do you think this is a worthwhile trip? Am just curious..:scratch
Good luck finding some other customers!

Considering you are renting the cheapest bike,F700GS, the price for you two is 10940 Euro.
That is about Can$ 15000, rather more than less. If we add the flight expense, another Can$
3000, we are talking Can$ 18 000 for 11 days!(Us$14000) If you can afford this, you should
rent a private jet to fly over!! Do you think this is a worthwhile trip? Am just curious..:scratch
Good luck finding some other customers!

First of all I recognize that these tours are not within reach for many. It's a stretch for us but as I grow older I realize that it's important to do the things that you enjoy while you are able to do them. The October tour was full so clearly there are people out there who think likewise. There are several tour companies operating in the same area offering similar tours. The prices are similar. Clearly there is a market.

Second, the 11 day version is less that the 16 day tour price that is the basis for your comment. You assumed two of us on a bike but actually my wife will ride her own bike. Even as such our cost will be almost 2000 Euro less that your estimate. We considered the full 16 day tour as being too pricey.

Third, if I am going to fly to Europe I am not doing so for just an 11 day moto tour. We are combining it with a stay in Portugal and Spain which includes the flights plus a small extra because we deviate from the normal return flight. The Portugal/Spain vacation was actually quite reasonably priced. The whole thing comes in at about your estimate. Not bad for 5 weeks away from Canadian winter and taking in the sights and cultures and fantastic riding of the areas in question.

I could never afford a private jet. Not sure what point you are making.

And yes, I do consider this a worthwhile trip.

Please forgive my sarcasm about private jet!
Do enjoy the trip, is a life time one! I work
for a living, and will never be able to afford
such a trip! But that is besides the point!
You are twice as lucky, since wife rides!
Best of luck!!

Please forgive my sarcasm about private jet!
Do enjoy the trip, is a life time one! I work
for a living, and will never be able to afford
such a trip! But that is besides the point!
You are twice as lucky, since wife rides!
Best of luck!!

I work for a living too, but buy used cars, only have/had one wife, only bought one house, and an a cheap bast..., Frugal chap. The $$$ I save goes into travel, there is a saying that says "the only thing money can buy, that is good for the soul, is travel"

Corsica and Sardinia is likely our next Euro trip, but with Beach's Motorcycle Adventures http://www.bmca.com/island-interlude.html

Recently added blog entry for the 16 day version of the tour in October 2016.
http://www.mototrip-tours.com/blog/tours-we-did/our-motorcycle-tour-in-italy-and-france/

Still room in the 11 day version in April 2017 if anyone wants to join us.

Myself and my buddy meet you guys the wet morning waiting for the ferry to get back to the mainland!!! Kind of hard to not miss a pack of bikes with French Canadian accents. So funny to find your post and blog after the fact.

I wouldn't even had noticed, but I'll be riding Sardinia the first week of April. Based out of Sicily, I doubt this time we'll be back to Corsica though.

Send a message with your schedule and maybe we'll meet up.

Attachments

• IMG-20161011-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20161011-WA0003.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG-20161011-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20161011-WA0005.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 37
You're going to have a blast. My wife and I did Tuscany and Elba Island for 8 days on our honeymoon a few years ago. We had rented a F800R through CIMT and went on our way with no GPS, few hotel plans, and a rough idea of what we wanted to see. Italians were very friendly and more than helpful in the half dozen times we got lost and the one time that we ran out of gas.

Back