• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2018 Site Contender

Every rally location announcement brings about similar comments from people that go to wherever it is, within their time/distance parameters and those who feel the process has been "hijacked" by those representing the MOA, although I've never been able to figure out what "they" get from it.
A comment about dates, my guess (no science backing this up) is that the negative aspects of the present dates are largely driven by personal choice, such as weather, as opposed to logistical challenges. Having dates in June or September would impose an additional burden on folks that are significantly affected by the school calendar.

Bottom line for me, I look forward to hearing about the location of the rally. I'm good with the time frame, and I expect I will like some and not like others. There have been positive and negative aspects of each rally we have been to and I expect that to continue for as long as I can ride.

I am always supportive of getting current data, so I would look forward to a survey.

I really enjoy the fact that the MOA National Rally moves around. And as stated earlier everyone has a personal opinion of the locations for usually personal reasons. Would like prefer the date moved earlier or later in the year ... yep! But I also realize there are (as stated earlier as well) reasons why the National is in July. Yes ... sometimes it is hot but it is JULY! And some locations turn out better than others. I have been to 8 National Rallies and all have been fun and an adventure. Some locations for me have been better than others. Salt Lake is a bit of a haul for me but I am retired now so what the heck! And am really looking forward to Des Moines next year. They are all good ... some just better than others and there will always be folks less happy than others but that is just life. Enjoy the ride!

Back