Thread: Driver Lowering pegs for 2016 RT...inquiry

Driver Lowering pegs for 2016 RT...inquiry

So then, one cannot adjust the foot brake pedal after installing a lowered peg gadget?

Which lowering peg gadgets would you recommend?

Knight Design or Suburban Machinery Lowered Footpegs

I recently ordered a Knight Design set in Silver Anodized with Sidetrax Tread; all one piece with springs and pins. These can be ordered in different configurations of finish and tread. About $80 cheaper than Suburban Machinery adapters. I have a set of Suburban Machinery pegs on my wife's 2008 RT that orginally were on the 2016 RT-LC. Both designs are great and I did NOT have to adjust shifter or brake.
    Karl
    2016 R1200RT-LC San Marino Blue (The Alien)
    2008 R1200RT Sand Beige Metallic (Wife's) - Traded
    2014 1600 GTL Gray-Traded; 2011 R1200RT Black/Silver-Traded

My report on lowering foot-pegs and changing the rear brake lever can be found in here:

http://bmwdean.com/r1200rtw.htm
    Jeff Dean
    Tucson, Arizona, and Madison, Wisconsin
    Co-founder, 1972, of BMW MOA -- http://bmwdean.com/r1200rtw.htm
    2017 R1200RT, 2019 R1250RT, 1967 R60/2

The riders lowering kit from http://wunderlich.sportouring.net/BM...g--silver-7136 comes with a adjustment plate which one installs the brake lever assembly onto, effectively moving the lever to the rear.
    Hope this helps anyone......................
    Stay on the grey bits .......

"Rossy"

R1250RT Footpeg lowering kit

Quote Originally Posted by ksb245 View Post
    Knight Design or Suburban Machinery Lowered Footpegs

I recently ordered a Knight Design set in Silver Anodized with Sidetrax Tread; all one piece with springs and pins. These can be ordered in different configurations of finish and tread. About $80 cheaper than Suburban Machinery adapters. I have a set of Suburban Machinery pegs on my wife's 2008 RT that orginally were on the 2016 RT-LC. Both designs are great and I did NOT have to adjust shifter or brake.
    Hi ksb245. I saw your post on the forum about the Knight design Silver Anodized Sidetrax tread foot peg lower kit. I am also looking at their kit too. My question to you is do you notice any additional vibration compared to the stock pegs. The new pegs do not have the rubber coating on them. And I am concerned if there are any noticeable vibrations with the new pegs. Could you please let me know what your experience has been with the new pegs.