• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

NLA parts

henzilla

not so retired
Staff member
Realize most older model owners have experienced the NLA designation on certain parts when trying to source replacements. No Longer Available.

Had my first larger part encounter with a 10 year old model this week, probably not my first, but a surprise.
Knowing that there is a triangle of more parts in the chain that just keeps getting broader at the base each time a new model comes out compared to the basic bikes many years back, I understand it is a supply issue and a numbers thing.

Tried to order a side panel for a 06 K12GT wedge. NLA on specific color I wanted, so I picked a primered unit. When it came , It was the updated unit requiring an additional $80+ badge holder as the fairing has a large cutout like the K1300. Was able to get the large headlight surround and a side case lid in same color, most likely not as in demand as the side panel, and the design change number game.Still frustrating and expect more of same on other models.

So, the expensive solution is either buy the matching $500+ panel for the other side and an additional $200 for the cutout badge holders and hardware.

I have been offered a used lightly damaged panel that will need to be sanded/ painted...which was going to happen anyways...waiting on decision by clubmate.
Some folks want all new parts...I would be fine with repair of used.

And all the used ones I have located online are needing repair or repaint as well

Just an observation...it is what it is.:violin

I ordered a side stand switch in June 2015 for my 1998 R1100RT. BMW has told the dealer to bypass the switch as it is no longer available. I thought this was a safety feature. :dunno

I ordered a side stand switch in June 2015 for my 1998 R1100RT. BMW has told the dealer to bypass the switch as it is no longer available. I thought this was a safety feature. :dunno

The note on the fiche dated on sidestand switches...we have two models using that number.

05/15 manufacture backorder-No ETA

yeah, messed up , luckily I have an extra,though high mileage one.

Ooohh, I'd want that in writing from both the dealer and BMWNA...
:eek

Best,
DG

Back