• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Question about BMW Rallye size

ygal

Friends,
I'm 182 cm (6 foot) tall and around 81 kilo (180 pound).
As my wife is traveling to Europe, I am considering asking her to buy me a new BMW Rallye suit.
I tried to play with "BMW standard sizes" table and become a little bit confused.

I think I'm OK with the Jacket size and I will go with size 52 - Europe size, but not quit sure about the size of the pants (52 or 50 Europe size). If it helps, my Jeans size (Levis) W32 L33 :).

Appreciate your advice.
Thanks.
YGal

YGal -

Welcome to the forum! I looked into a few online conversion sites and get a bit confused, too. I did learn there are UK sizes and European sizes...basically UK is the same as the US but European is pretty different. Here's one site I found:

http://www.unit-conversion.info/clothing-men-jeanswaist.html

For a waist size of 32, it suggests that the European size is 84/88...not anything like the 50/52 you posted. For inseam, I found this:

http://www.unit-conversion.info/clothing-men-jeanslength.html#data

Seems an inseam of 33 would be 44 in the European size.

Would be nice for our European members to weigh in!

I am 180 cm and 75 kg and I used to wear 52 in Germany.

Best to take your measurements, maybe from gear you are using right now, and have your wife ask the sales person to verify the numbers right in the store.

/Guenther

I think I'm OK with the Jacket size and I will go with size 52 - Europe size, but not quit sure about the size of the pants (52 or 50 Europe size). If it helps, my Jeans size (Levis) W32 L33 :).

Appreciate your advice.
Thanks.
YGal

Euro size 50 should work for your waist.
I have a 33" waist (I should say I wear 33 waist jeans) and my BMW Streetguard pants are Euro size 52 and they are lose. I tried on a size 50 a few weeks back and they fit me good.
The only snag is you can't be sure all BMW pants fit the same. The Rally may fit different compared to the Streetguard.

Size 50 is a regular length and has a 32" inseam on most BMW pants. (My size 52 Streetguard pants have a 34" inseam so you can't count on all size 50 or 52 pants having a 32" inseam)
Longs in your size have a 34" inseam. If you want a long you may need a Euro size 98 or 102.

The size 88 Kurt mentioned is a Tall Woman size and is what my wife wears in BMW pants.

Do you have a shop near you that has the Rally pants on hand that you can try?

Where do you live? Someone near you may have a pair of Rally pants you can try on.

YGal -

Welcome to the forum! I looked into a few online conversion sites and get a bit confused, too. I did learn there are UK sizes and European sizes...basically UK is the same as the US but European is pretty different. Here's one site I found:

http://www.unit-conversion.info/clothing-men-jeanswaist.html

For a waist size of 32, it suggests that the European size is 84/88...not anything like the 50/52 you posted. For inseam, I found this:

http://www.unit-conversion.info/clothing-men-jeanslength.html#data

Seems an inseam of 33 would be 44 in the European size.

Would be nice for our European members to weigh in!

Thanks ! Happy to be here and happy to see the amount of answers I'm getting here !
Somehow, the same as you I was thinking that BMW use the regular conversion as in other clouts, but seems not . In any case, I found a site that present the numbers in US and Euro size - so I think I know how to translate between the measurements.

I am 180 cm and 75 kg and I used to wear 52 in Germany.

Best to take your measurements, maybe from gear you are using right now, and have your wife ask the sales person to verify the numbers right in the store.

/Guenther

Thanks !

Euro size 50 should work for your waist.
I have a 33" waist (I should say I wear 33 waist jeans) and my BMW Streetguard pants are Euro size 52 and they are lose. I tried on a size 50 a few weeks back and they fit me good.
The only snag is you can't be sure all BMW pants fit the same. The Rally may fit different compared to the Streetguard.

Size 50 is a regular length and has a 32" inseam on most BMW pants. (My size 52 Streetguard pants have a 34" inseam so you can't count on all size 50 or 52 pants having a 32" inseam)
Longs in your size have a 34" inseam. If you want a long you may need a Euro size 98 or 102.

The size 88 Kurt mentioned is a Tall Woman size and is what my wife wears in BMW pants.

Do you have a shop near you that has the Rally pants on hand that you can try?

Where do you live? Someone near you may have a pair of Rally pants you can try on.
I live in S. NJ, I think I will have to drive to the nearest store which is 60 miles from my home and hope they have the suit in the store.

Anyway If there are other members that have the same size as me , I will be happy to hear what are they use.

Thanks everyone for helping here.

I live in S. NJ, I think I will have to drive to the nearest store which is 60 miles from my home and hope they have the suit in the store.

While at the shop pick up a catalog called "Make Life a Ride 2016" In the back is a size chart in metric and US.
Here's the pdf file. Page 42 and 43 on the pdf has the size chart.

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/equipment/media/BMWMotorrad_2016RIDECatalog_LO.pdf

BTW if you go to the Max BMW website, they have the Rally suit on sale. $639 for the jacket and $439 for the pants.
http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/PartsDetails.aspx?source=apparel&diagram=76_0452

While at the shop pick up a catalog called "Make Life a Ride 2016" In the back is a size chart in metric and US.
Here's the pdf file. Page 42 and 43 on the pdf has the size chart.

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/equipment/media/BMWMotorrad_2016RIDECatalog_LO.pdf

BTW if you go to the Max BMW website, they have the Rally suit on sale. $639 for the jacket and $439 for the pants.
http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/PartsDetails.aspx?source=apparel&diagram=76_0452

Thanks Lee .
And also bad....Now, after reviewing this catalog, considering other stuff to my purchase list :)

The connecting zippers between the jacket and pants may be an issue.

Somewhere in BMW brochures there is a chart showing which size jackets are compatible with which sizes pants.

In my case I have both 58 and 60 suits (more room in latter for heated clothing underneath) and these are not compatible sizes and it shows. I can still zip them together, but it doesn't use the full length of the larger jacket. All this of course applies only to the full-wrap zippers. All the short zippers connect.

The clothing advice from Roadracing World magazine strongly emphasizes either one-piece or zipped-together riding suits as protection against a fall taking your pants off as you slide.

Maybe a dumb question. But do you wear the pants over a Jeans ?
Most riding pants are not made to wear over jeans. If they are cut to wear over other pants they are referred as Over Pants.
We wear thin silk long-johns or UnderAmour tights under our riding pants.

Bmw Rallye sizes

There is an online store in Europe which sells various BMW Motorrad pieces. Here is the URL for the page for the Rallye Jacket: http://www.bmw-motorrad-store.co.uk/bmw-motorcycle-jacket-rallye-2016-men-grey-blue.html

You'll note that there is a clickable link on the page which gives a lot of sizing information.

Since they sell their products in the USA and they are very expensive and good quality also they could step up and put American sizing on their gear especially the inseam length ,I purchased airflow pants some years back and didn`t realize how long they were until I got home and found out they only came in one length( long) and since I paid over $400 I`ve been forced to roll them up ,also after buying a new Rallye black ,gray jacket and inquiring at my local BMW shop about new pants they tell me they only come in gray which shows all the dirt and I already have that problem ,I think I`ll jump over to Klim for black, miss and matching will have to work and I`m tired of BMW`S cost and disregard for being local to the brand !

Back