• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

PA Tuscarora SF Concord Road open until Dec 11 2016

jeffryasmith

bmw2003gs
concordrd.jpg
I rode out through the Tuscarora State Forest Oct 30 and north of New Germantown I found that the gate on Concord Road was open and a sign posted that it would remain open through the end of deer season. First time I had a chance to ride on this road. Knife edge on top of the ridge, rocky but not bad over all. :)

I followed mostly back roads through western Perry County until Fowlers Hollow SP, then over the ridge to the Covered Bridge south of New Germantown, then up onto the Conococheague Ridge. After that, out Horse Valley and down to the Path Valley Family Dinner for coffee.

On the way back. went to Fannetsburg, down 75 then crossed over the mountains to Roxburry on some nice twisties. Better than riding on 641 IMO. With the approaching storm visible over Blue Mtn as I hit Newville, I grabbed a patch of I81 and 'beamed' home just in time to be in the garage before the rain fell.

Attachments

• Ride103016PathV.jpg
    Ride103016PathV.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Nice! All paved or mixed?

View attachment 58929
I rode out through the Tuscarora State Forest Oct 30 and north of New Germantown I found that the gate on Concord Road was open and a sign posted that it would remain open through the end of deer season. First time I had a chance to ride on this road. Knife edge on top of the ridge, rocky but not bad over all. :)

I followed mostly back roads through western Perry County until Fowlers Hollow SP, then over the ridge to the Covered Bridge south of New Germantown, then up onto the Conococheague Ridge. After that, out Horse Valley and down to the Path Valley Family Dinner for coffee.

On the way back. went to Fannetsburg, down 75 then crossed over the mountains to Roxburry on some nice twisties. Better than riding on 641 IMO. With the approaching storm visible over Blue Mtn as I hit Newville, I grabbed a patch of I81 and 'beamed' home just in time to be in the garage before the rain fell.

Reply - road conditions on the ride

It was mostly paved road. However the section from New Germantown up over the mountain and down to Horse Valley was in the Tuscarora SF and was all dirt ... forest roads.

maps

View attachment 58929

Good day Jeffry,
I was looking thru some old riding posts and came across this one of your awesome trip.
i wanted to ask what map your were using for these back roads? a PA road atlas? or other?
also awesome use of Gerri cans on the bike:)
thanks
anthony

Reply to map question

The trip logs I post are mostly Google Timeline. When you set the permission, google tracks your phone or device. I edit the result to snap to road since most of these rides have spotty data connections. Then I just do a screen shot and save as a jpeg. FYI. Jeff.

Back