• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Finally a "smaller" and affordable R1200GS!

motodan

I think I can swing the payments and no short inseam is going to stop me now! Sorry posted 90 degrees off and can't fix.

Attachments

• IMG_2420 (1).jpg
    IMG_2420 (1).jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 537
I was deprived as a child. My cheapskate parents, when they finally got around to buying me a bicycle, got a used one for $10 that I had to share with my twin brother!

Harry

When I was 8 or so my dad showed up with a trunkfull of bicycle parts, telling me that if I needed a bike so badly then we needed to put one together. And I got a cheap little tool kit to go with it.

It was many years later when I finally realized the scoundred had bought a used bike, taken it apart, tossed in a bunch of extra parts from the bike shop, loaded up the trunk and driven home.

When I was 8 or so my dad showed up with a trunkfull of bicycle parts, telling me that if I needed a bike so badly then we needed to put one together. And I got a cheap little tool kit to go with it.

It was many years later when I finally realized the scoundred had bought a used bike, taken it apart, tossed in a bunch of extra parts from the bike shop, loaded up the trunk and driven home.

Now that's clever! Have you still got that tool kit?

Does anybody remember these? Available at your friendly BMW dealership circa 2000. I bought this one in 2001 for grandson Noah's 1st birthday.

Attachments

• Noah Biker1.JPG
    Noah Biker1.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 355
Here's the GS video:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t7OKZ-KIDKQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And an S1000RR for those of you who prefer more horsepower.....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LFbs86fPOlk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Does anybody remember these? Available at your friendly BMW dealership circa 2000. I bought this one in 2001 for grandson Noah's 1st birthday.

Sure that's a very early '87 K75S with the engine spoiler removed.:clap

Oh, you mean the trike? Nope, never saw one.:dunno

:dance:dance:dance

What a great life lesson. Sort of the give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish thing. Instead of just expecting someone to just give you whatever you want, with a little bit of smarts and effort you can make what you want. I know that you've used that mechanical ability that was sparked from that moment MANY more times through out your life. I like you dad. Mine was the same way and it has served me very well.:thumb

:dance:dance:dance

Bought one around 2005 for a granddaughter...was a hit for sure:thumb

Oh gosh, would I love an electric GS. Small and light with premium suspension.

Active 2WD would be a real plus! :thumb

Back