Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finally a "smaller" and affordable R1200GS!

Finally a "smaller" and affordable R1200GS!

I think I can swing the payments and no short inseam is going to stop me now! Sorry posted 90 degrees off and can't fix.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOA #46783

Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Here ya go:

http://www.target.com/p/rollplay-bmw...v/-/A-50894811

Maybe that's why I have a GS now - I was deprived as a child. My cheapskate parents, when they finally got around to buying me a bicycle, got a used one for $10 that I had to share with my twin brother!

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    I was deprived as a child. My cheapskate parents, when they finally got around to buying me a bicycle, got a used one for $10 that I had to share with my twin brother!

Harry
    When I was 8 or so my dad showed up with a trunkfull of bicycle parts, telling me that if I needed a bike so badly then we needed to put one together. And I got a cheap little tool kit to go with it.

It was many years later when I finally realized the scoundred had bought a used bike, taken it apart, tossed in a bunch of extra parts from the bike shop, loaded up the trunk and driven home.
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

JohnWC
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    When I was 8 or so my dad showed up with a trunkfull of bicycle parts, telling me that if I needed a bike so badly then we needed to put one together. And I got a cheap little tool kit to go with it.

It was many years later when I finally realized the scoundred had bought a used bike, taken it apart, tossed in a bunch of extra parts from the bike shop, loaded up the trunk and driven home.
    Now that's clever! Have you still got that tool kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    I think I can swing the payments and no short inseam is going to stop me now! Sorry posted 90 degrees off and can't fix.
    I'm ordering one for sure! The training wheels sealed the deal for me. No more tipping over .
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

Quote Originally Posted by jconway607 View Post
    Now that's clever! Have you still got that tool kit?
    No, but I still have and regularly use several of his "good" tools.

I like it. If they get it under a hundred bucks; which is my price point, I'm in.

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    I am sure my grandson would love one these babies!
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)

Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo

Does anybody remember these? Available at your friendly BMW dealership circa 2000. I bought this one in 2001 for grandson Noah's 1st birthday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's the GS video:

And an S1000RR for those of you who prefer more horsepower.....
    2009 R1200RT, 2005 R1200C Montauk (The elusive Piedmont Red & Silver "350" commemorative model); and 2002 R1200C Montana
    Moderator of www.Chromeheads.org

3 Red Bricks
    Does anybody remember these? Available at your friendly BMW dealership circa 2000. I bought this one in 2001 for grandson Noah's 1st birthday.
    Sure that's a very early '87 K75S with the engine spoiler removed.

Oh, you mean the trike? Nope, never saw one.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

3 Red Bricks

What a great life lesson. Sort of the give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish thing. Instead of just expecting someone to just give you whatever you want, with a little bit of smarts and effort you can make what you want. I know that you've used that mechanical ability that was sparked from that moment MANY more times through out your life. I like you dad. Mine was the same way and it has served me very well.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Quote Originally Posted by 98lee View Post
    Sure that's a very early '87 K75S with the engine spoiler removed.
    Very early indeed! #19

Bought one around 2005 for a granddaughter...was a hit for sure
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait