• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Accessory inquiry

busman

Hi fellow riders,
Have a 2016 k1600gtl, had a great season and parked her for the season. Doing some research for next season. Anyone have any feedback on a givi tank bag? I.e. Interference issues?.
Also interested in hand guards? Worth it? Or invest in a gortex glove?

Welcome to the forum! You're in the right spot for some answers...when the other K1600 people get back from their rides!!

Hi fellow riders,
Have a 2016 k1600gtl, had a great season and parked her for the season. Doing some research for next season. Anyone have any feedback on a givi tank bag? I.e. Interference issues?.
Also interested in hand guards? Worth it? Or invest in a gortex glove?

No need for hand guards. Heck, I use a Joe rocket (read: cheap) gauntlet when it starts to get chilly. The heated handgrips easily make up the difference. You may want to look into the Aeroflow wings and mini-wings. They help manage the airflow much better than a pair of handguards would. A lot of K1600 specific information (especially about farkles) can be found over at k1600forum.com

No need for hand guards. Heck, I use a Joe rocket (read: cheap) gauntlet when it starts to get chilly. The heated handgrips easily make up the difference. You may want to look into the Aeroflow wings and mini-wings. They help manage the airflow much better than a pair of handguards would. A lot of K1600 specific information (especially about farkles) can be found over at k1600forum.com

Thanks for the feedbackđź‘Ť

Gloves and Tank Bag

Anyone have any feedback on a givi tank bag? I.e. Interference issues?.
Also interested in hand guards? Worth it? Or invest in a gortex glove?[/QUOTE]

I have a 2015 GTL and recently bought the handlebar muffs from Wonderlich (#25200-000). I tell you they are nice and warm inside with the heated grips, couldn't be happier although definitely not a fashion statement. The clear window to view buttons is perfect! Taking them on and off is about 5 seconds. I too am also looking for information on a tank bag. All I can find is for GT and after talking to the local BMW dealer he didn't understand why it wouldn't fit a GTL but when I asked him if I could bring it back if it didn't fit, he back peddled. I can't find one that says it fits a GTL specifically> Anyone have advise?

+1 on the Aeroflow wings, I just put a set on my GT and they work wonders keeping the cold off your hands. I too am looking for a tank bag solution as I miss the one i had on the RT.

The tank bag is GT specific as the GTL bars sit further back and will hit the bag at full lock. This is not true of the GT unless you have bar risers which bring the bars up and backwards. That being said, it is only at full lock so likely only a problem at walking speeds or at a standstill.
You could conceivably ask the dealer to try it out on your bike (without actually mounting it) in the parking lot before actual purchase?
Do get the Aeroflow wings and miniwings! No need for hand warmers even in cold weather with the grip heat and both sets of wings--at least that is my experience
Happy accessorizing

Last edited:
K1600forum.com

This site is OK for finding accessories/reviews, etc. But you'll find much more information at K1600forum.com.

Duane

Back