• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

tool- Spark Plug Coil Removal Tool

where can I find a tool to remove the coil from the plugs on a R1200RT

If you have not yet tried searching the forum or even Google I suggest doing that. There are a number of places; however, if you don't have an R1200 specific tool kit yet my recommendation would be to pick one of them up which should also include a coil puller.

The kit I bought is from Adventure Designs (http://www.advdesigns.com/ulcobmwr1gsg.html), a bit pricey but includes everything you will need to perform maintenance and smaller repairs all in one tool roll and the tools are high quality. I haven't looked at the prices since my purchase but it appears they have gone up about $50 since I bought mine, guess that's because they are not having any trouble moving them.

Aloha.

Scot

A large screwdriver and some gentle prying has always worked for me, with a rag padding the valve cover to prevent scratches. Avoid sideways stress on the coil.

+1 for Marc Parnes. Good quality tools

another vote for Marc Parnes....ya might consider getting his oil filter removal tool as well, good price fast shipping...he also has outstanding wheel balancer tools as well

wyman

Back