• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Belgian adventure in US 2018

Congratulations on booking tickets.

I'm located in southeast Louisiana, across the lake from New Orleans. If you get this far south, please look us up. Weather in Feb, Mar, Apr is great for riding here and in much of the Deep South. You won't want to visit New Orleans in June, July, Aug! You can find our club at gulfsouthbmw.org, or email me at beckgrcgb@yahoo.com. We'd happy to treat you to some Louisiana cuisine, put you up and visit if that's of interest to you.

Best,

Greg

I'm located in southeast Louisiana, across the lake from New Orleans. If you get this far south, please look us up. Weather in Feb, Mar, Apr is great for riding here and in much of the Deep South. You won't want to visit New Orleans in June, July, Aug! You can find our club at gulfsouthbmw.org, or email me at beckgrcgb@yahoo.com. We'd happy to treat you to some Louisiana cuisine, put you up and visit if that's of interest to you.

Best,

Greg

Dear Greg,

Sent you an email.

Kr,

David

David,

If you come through Arizona, please give me a shout out. I spent 3 years in Belgium (Gent) and loved every minute of it! I have room for you and have garage space and tools should that be required.

mvg,
Gerard

Arizona

David,

If you come through Arizona, please give me a shout out. I spent 3 years in Belgium (Gent) and loved every minute of it! I have room for you and have garage space and tools should that be required.

mvg,
Gerard

Dear Gerard,

Thank you for your reply and we will spending some time in Arizona. This is the map I made based upon our routes.
https://www.google.be/maps/@33.8646...!4m2!6m1!1s1bto25VAHuZqUhGC8Jt2tnMFY8js?hl=nl

So I will certainly contact you, will be end of March or early April.

Kind regards,

David

Looking at your proposed route -- you'll be missing Barber's Vintage Motorsports Museum in Birmingham, AL. This is the world's largest motorcycle museum (listed in the Guiness Book of World Records). If possible, you may want to reroute your early trip segments to go by Barber's and spend a few hours (or more) there. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Barber's is located just off Exit 140 on I-20, just east of metro Birmingham, AL. More infor about the museum can be found at http://www.barbermuseum.org/.

Looking at your proposed route -- you'll be missing Barber's Vintage Motorsports Museum in Birmingham, AL. This is the world's largest motorcycle museum (listed in the Guiness Book of World Records). If possible, you may want to reroute your early trip segments to go by Barber's and spend a few hours (or more) there. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Barber's is located just off Exit 140 on I-20, just east of metro Birmingham, AL. More infor about the museum can be found at http://www.barbermuseum.org/.

:thumb Definitely a must do, and well worth ones time.

Lwr48 (all 48 states) with at least 1 favorite rd in each one. Now going to the Alps

Hi,

After several years of traveling in Europe my spous and I are planning to cross the ocean and to spent traveling a couple of months in Amerika.
I don't know if this is the right place but I'm looking for information must do roads and things to see.
We have just started to collect information and good place to start, was my idea, is with like minded.
It is a small question but I hope I will receive a lot of information.
The plan is to do Alaska, Canada and rest of the US, so every information is welcome.
Of course I'm willing to share my experience.

Hello Jaakgs I'm headed to Stuttgart in June 2018. Want to rent a bike and spend a week in the Alps. Looking for info on rentals (I ride 1150rt & 1200 GS), roads and where to stay cheap & safe. Usually sleep in my hammock in US, Canada.
I've got 150k miles of traveling around the US and Canada. Be Glad to swap info. Where are you starting your adventure in the states. I live just out side of DC in Virginia and could most likely help with touring Pa to NC.
But like the title says have found great roads in every state, except Fla. they may be there but I haven't found them. Did a 4k GS tour of the mountains in CA from LA to Oregon. Best trip ever. Suggest you look into http://www.butlermaps.com/ best maps out west, but Southern US version a little weak. haven't yet used the New England to review. but great to read and study lay a course then use the gps while riding. I have only rented from Motorquest in CA & Alaska and they have been great. They have a good deal driving bikes up to Alaska in the spring and also driving them back in the fall.

anyway let me know if you want to correspond and trade info. Dates and what ever. I met several tour Europeans on my travels and they all are having a great time. Some say that the place is to big others say they wish they had talk to more people before coming.
Look forward to hearing from you.
any others that want to swap info please feel free.

Hello Jaakgs I'm headed to Stuttgart in June 2018. Want to rent a bike and spend a week in the Alps. Looking for info on rentals (I ride 1150rt & 1200 GS), roads and where to stay cheap & safe. Usually sleep in my hammock in US, Canada.
I've got 150k miles of traveling around the US and Canada. Be Glad to swap info. Where are you starting your adventure in the states. I live just out side of DC in Virginia and could most likely help with touring Pa to NC.
But like the title says have found great roads in every state, except Fla. they may be there but I haven't found them. Did a 4k GS tour of the mountains in CA from LA to Oregon. Best trip ever. Suggest you look into http://www.butlermaps.com/ best maps out west, but Southern US version a little weak. haven't yet used the New England to review. but great to read and study lay a course then use the gps while riding. I have only rented from Motorquest in CA & Alaska and they have been great. They have a good deal driving bikes up to Alaska in the spring and also driving them back in the fall.

anyway let me know if you want to correspond and trade info. Dates and what ever. I met several tour Europeans on my travels and they all are having a great time. Some say that the place is to big others say they wish they had talk to more people before coming.
Look forward to hearing from you.
any others that want to swap info please feel free.

Hi, this a website I found when preparing for my trip and I think this can be useful for you http://knopftours.com/Web-Site/Hello.html. I don't know another place to rent a bike in Germany but I will check around. A week is not much for the Alps but should be able to provide you with some ideas. Sleeping is not an issue, lots of camping, hotels, hostels and B&Bs. June can be cold.
On this map you can find our planned route, as a bit changed due to suggestions :)
https://www.google.be/maps/@46.3282...!4m2!6m1!1s1bto25VAHuZqUhGC8Jt2tnMFY8js?hl=nl
and this our blog side https://2begsww.wixsite.com/2begs

Maybe it is easier to communicate via email?

An invitation in North Carolina

Just read your blog. I run an AirBnB here in New Bern, NC. If your trip takes you in this direction, please consider my offer of free hospitality. Have garage and some limited tools.
Have a great trip.
Jerry Scott
jerrywscott@aol.com

When you're in or near Maryland let me know.

Not sure when you'll be in or near Maryland but let me know. I lived in Bruxelles for 1.5 years studying French (Bruxelleoise actually). Would be happy to take you on some nice Maryland back roads. My email is biotechbill@aol.com. Would be happy to give you a tour of Washington, D.C. if that was of any interest as well.

Ride Safe!

Cragg

Not sure when you'll be in or near Maryland but let me know. I lived in Bruxelles for 1.5 years studying French (Bruxelleoise actually). Would be happy to take you on some nice Maryland back roads. My email is biotechbill@aol.com. Would be happy to give you a tour of Washington, D.C. if that was of any interest as well.

Ride Safe!

Cragg

Dear Cragg,

Thank you for the invitation but we won't make it to Maryland due to the visa time limit. Maybe a next time.

David

Back