• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member from the Midwest, Southern Illinois

jbbrown73

Hello from the Midwest! I am from Southern Illinois, which is actually southeast of St. Louis and about 350 miles south of Chicago. I am closer to Mississippi than Chicago. Southern IL offers some beautiful riding, rolling hills through the Shawnee National Forest, and less than an hour from the land between the lakes area of Kentucky and the Ozarks of Missouri. I have been an HD rider for over 20 years, but after owning 2 BMW SUV's I am interested in the BMW bikes. I'm a long distance rider and comfort is the utmost of importance. I hope to learn a lot and make some friends here. The new 1600B coming out is something I'm very interested in.

Hello from the Midwest! ...

Welcome aboard! Some nice riding in southern Illinois. Although I always get a chuckle whenever anyone refers to anyplace east of the Mississippi River as "the Midwest," I have come to realize what the media types really mean by "the Midwest" is any state that borders one of the Great Lakes.

Anyway, thanks for finding and joining us.

Back