• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Good news...better news...

SeabeckS

For those who responded on a couple of threads recently regarding my little medical saga...

Met with the chief of radiology at UW Med this afternoon to review results of the recent MRI and CT scans. We were hoping for the best, but anticipated that it could be the worst news.

Turned out to be pretty darned good news. The tumor is local to the end of my nose, with no evidence that the cancer has extended anywhere. Treatment course is to remove the cancerous tissue to a "clear margin" and plan on reconstructive surgery. Radiation therapy (5 days a week, for 5 weeks) has been put on hold pending surgical outcome. Good possibility that radiation will not be required based on the scan info.

Cindy and I are breathing easier tonight, and the celebration ensues!:dance

This old boy has a few more miles to roll.:)

Cheers to all and thanks for the encouraging words!

Bill J

Yesssssss

That is great news, I for one am happy to see you will be around and healthy for a while longer. As soon as I get the kitchen renovation done I'll get the #68 BCR finished and post some pictures. I'm tipping a glass of wine to the great news.

that is really good news

I know that i have heard of so many fairly close to me lately that haven't been so lucky....

I'm somewhat of a semi active participant here but wanted to tell you after hearing this. ...that's fantastic news for you!!!
It runs in my family and I have to stay vigilant always.

Thanks to all of you. Not totally out of the woods yet, but only a couple of small trees (and my nose) to trim to complete the journey!

And yes, the S is staying with me! One fella will be disappointed, but he's been supportive through my challenge.

Cheers! :drink

Bill

PS. I dodged a bullet, but other friends and family still dealing with the big C. My positive thoughts going out to Patricia O, Kelsey M, and Tracy W. Take care everyone.

Back