• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Adaptiv Technologies TPX 2.0 Radar and Laser Detector Review

moshe_levy

Hi All

Here's my new review of Adaptiv Technology's TPX 2.0 Radar and Laser Detector for motorcycles. Viable protection from the state's predatory revenue generation? Tune in and find out!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/McUKVkjfNvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-MKL

Thanks for the review.
I had always thought this unit was waterproof and was surprised when you mentioned it was not.

Thanks for the review.
I had always thought this unit was waterproof and was surprised when you mentioned it was not.

It's "water resistant" - not waterproof. Most owners commenting on my video report no problems in rain or otherwise, but I had to report what the manufacturer says.

-MKL

I was in the Washington Air National Guard for many years. I knew quite a few of the Security Police...who were LEOs in their Mon-Fri jobs. One was a Lieutenant in the Washington State Patrol. I asked him how well the laser detectors worked. With a big grin, he said they let you be the second person to know you were getting a ticket.

Now think about that a minute...who was the first person to know you were getting a ticket? :D

I was in the Washington Air National Guard for many years. I knew quite a few of the Security Police...who were LEOs in their Mon-Fri jobs. One was a Lieutenant in the Washington State Patrol. I asked him how well the laser detectors worked. With a big grin, he said they let you be the second person to know you were getting a ticket.

Now think about that a minute...who was the first person to know you were getting a ticket? :D

I would expect such a statement. Unlike radar which you might get a warning when it hits a different vehicle, laser is sufficiently pinpoint that you seldom will get a warning.

What does offend me is the wisea$$ attitude of the LEO who was quoted. If this is really about safety and not $$$ then a more civic minded attitude might be welcome.

Probably my fault in your interpretation, not the LEO I mentioned. He wasn't being a wisea$$. It was just a good laugh shared between two friends.

But there was a certain amount of logic behind his statement. :D

Chris

I have one of these. It is on the shelf in the shop. I removed it from my bike and replaced it with a Valentine 1.

I did so for two reasons. I ride bikes with windshields but not full fairings (except my K75RTP in the winter). I don't use Bluetooth or any type of earphone.

When riding at up to 80 mph I can clearly hear the V1 and see the visual display. The Adaptiv unit has a visual display that washes out in sunlight and the audio is too feeble to hear while riding, eben at 30 or 40 mph. For me, it was useless as a warning device. So I got another - my 3rd - V1.

Back