• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R100 CS saddle bags and mounts

tbounds

Does anyone have the details of what bags and mounts are correct for this bike? Are all the same for the CS ,RT ,T bikes of the 1980-? .
I have seen so many different mounts and bags and not sure what i need to be looking for .
thanks
tony

As I recall, the 1981 and older bikes used the Krauser bags and the 82-84 bikes used the BMW manufactured bags.

Does anyone have the details of what bags and mounts are correct for this bike? Are all the same for the CS ,RT ,T bikes of the 1980-? .
I have seen so many different mounts and bags and not sure what i need to be looking for .
thanks
tony

Same for all large frame/long wheelbase bikes through 1984. Brackets a little different for R65 (IIRC) and R80G/S and ST, same bags.

For your bike, the newer style bags were current, but if you get brackets with tabs for the "seatbelt latch" you can use the earlier style with no problem, as mounting the brackets themselves is the same.

Early style with Roundel, newer style with big reflector and same size/shape BMW emblem. Same reflector as '81-'84 fork legs.

For the newer style bags, there are two generations of locks and in actuality the fit of the later production bags is much improved. The later style locks for these bikes use same key as ignition, seat lock, etc., earlier don't. You set up the lock cylinder to match your key.

My 81 R100RT came with the Krauser style bags and chrome rack/mounts. Last year I bought the new Hepco Becker (Krauser copy) bags with improved latches.
November 2015 Carrolton,Oh.jpg

Bought mine from Capitol Cycle with free shipping thru EBAY. Same original mounts that came on the bike. bmw2valve.com sells the same bags out of California. Capitol Cycle is in Md which is alot closer to Ohio where I live. Less chance of shipping damage, PLUS they offered MATCHING KEYS!!!

Rt

Not to get off the original topic, but that '81 RT makes me want to get an Airhead RT.That is one nice looking motorcycle.

Will these racks work?

Want to make sure these will fit r100cs

Attachments

• IMG_1851.jpg
    IMG_1851.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 46
I have mounts like those carrying Krausers on my Long Wheel Base R75/5. They should be able to fit any twin shock Airhead.

Not to get off the original topic, but that '81 RT makes me want to get an Airhead RT.That is one nice looking motorcycle.

Not to get off topic either but........Could it be that some of the attraction is the simplicity ? of the machine as well as being nice looking.
Not to start a war but...modern motorcycles are just to much complexity for me ??

Back