• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bike Thermomoter

toviatt

I'm a new member here, having owned my '13 GS700 for just a few months. I really like the bike for commuting but would like to add an aftermarket thermometer (just because I've always had one). I have the basic GS without the extra computer so no thermometer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

By the way, Ive added:

Puig crash bars- easy to install, seem solid
SW Motech center stand - half the price of BMW unit
SW Motech hand guards - look good, easy to install and fairly robust.
GIVI 42L Outback top case - looks good, Packs a lot and waterproof (based on two days in the rain)

Just if anyone has any questions about the above gear.

Thanks.

Welcome! I'd suggest a couple of ways to find some info, beyond what members might post here.

First, go to the Gear forum and click on Search Forum in the upper right. Type in Thermometer...I saw a few threads that had thermometer in the subject.

Second, go to google and type "site:http://bmwmoa.org thermometer" (without the quotes) in the search box. I saw some old threads as well as some new threads.

Good luck!

depending upon where you stick it on the bike. Mine is accurate in the morning, but once the bike is warmed up, or it has sat in the sun for awhile, all bets are off.

I've put mine in a place which is mostly shaded from the sun but still gets some airflow around it. :thumb

Formton… fyi

Just FYI, went to purchase a thermometer whch was on sale suppossedly but go to checkout and they charge 24 dollars for shipping!!
Ridiculous , so i bagged paying such a rate for something that should be 2.95 to ship.

Back