Thread: Bike Thermomoter

Bike Thermomoter

I'm a new member here, having owned my '13 GS700 for just a few months. I really like the bike for commuting but would like to add an aftermarket thermometer (just because I've always had one). I have the basic GS without the extra computer so no thermometer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

By the way, Ive added:

Puig crash bars- easy to install, seem solid
    SW Motech center stand - half the price of BMW unit
    SW Motech hand guards - look good, easy to install and fairly robust.
    GIVI 42L Outback top case - looks good, Packs a lot and waterproof (based on two days in the rain)

Just if anyone has any questions about the above gear.

Thanks.

Welcome! I'd suggest a couple of ways to find some info, beyond what members might post here.

First, go to the Gear forum and click on Search Forum in the upper right. Type in Thermometer...I saw a few threads that had thermometer in the subject.

Second, go to google and type "site:http://bmwmoa.org thermometer" (without the quotes) in the search box. I saw some old threads as well as some new threads.

Good luck!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Left Coast Rider
    This has worked very well for me for the past 5 years...

http://www.formotionproducts.com/sho...meter-stick-on

Excellent and accurate product. Also available in Fahrenheit for you Philistines in the US.

Appreciate your help! thank you.

+1

depending upon where you stick it on the bike. Mine is accurate in the morning, but once the bike is warmed up, or it has sat in the sun for awhile, all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    This has worked very well for me for the past 5 years...

http://www.formotionproducts.com/sho...meter-stick-on

Excellent and accurate product. Also available in Fahrenheit for you Philistines in the US.
    Enjoying the ride, but always on the alert for a rally.......

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by sdpc2 View Post
    depending upon where you stick it on the bike. Mine is accurate in the morning, but once the bike is warmed up, or it has sat in the sun for awhile, all bets are off.
    I've put mine in a place which is mostly shaded from the sun but still gets some airflow around it.

Formton… fyi

Just FYI, went to purchase a thermometer whch was on sale suppossedly but go to checkout and they charge 24 dollars for shipping!!
    Ridiculous , so i bagged paying such a rate for something that should be 2.95 to ship.