• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Info amount on one page?

Darryl Cainey

Sir Darby
Is there a way to limit the amount of info on one page.

on the Morning Reads it takes forever to load, there are weeks worth of posts.

can I change some setting to just show say 3 days of posts?

Darryl -

Look at the Settings feature at the top right on the page. On the left side, go to General Settings > Thread Display Options. There are some options there that might help. This might affect all threads on the forum for you...maybe it will help out. But I don't think there's something you can set for just one forum area and just one thread.

Is there a way to limit the amount of info on one page.

on the Morning Reads it takes forever to load, there are weeks worth of posts.

can I change some setting to just show say 3 days of posts?

You could try going to Canpfire> then clicking on the last page- in this case 152. The set-up is for 15 posts per page but as the posts can be very long, it could be days or weeks of Jon's info.
HTH.
Gary

I set General Settings > Thread Display Options to 10 and that seemed to help for his long posts but not cause problems with others. Play with that setting until you find what works best for you.

Display settings is the best way to deal with this question. I set it at the lowest which is four or five (I don't recall which). This impacts all threads. With I little bit of use I became accustomed to it.

In the past video and the bandwidth required led to complaints. Since my return I have been slow to include videos. I have been curious about if or, when, the page load issue would pop up again. I will look at how I include video in the posts. Embedding them is the easy, lazy way for me to do it. Creating a link is a bit more work. Beyond ease, embedded video give a visual break to the mass of text in a post.

The mass of text is a challenge. You should see what is in my feed. Much is redundant, yet I sort through 5-7000 articles a week to come up with a post. The character limits on what can be put in a post are large for the normal day to day forum postings; however, I bump up against them with every post. It is always a work in progress.

Thank you for your feed back and for your effort to read my posts. :wave

mika, you are one of a few posters here that I attempt to read & think about seriously. Yours thoughts are always interesting and intelligent. Much appreciated :).

Display settings is the best way to deal with this question. I set it at the lowest which is four or five (I don't recall which). This impacts all threads. With I little bit of use I became accustomed to it.

In the past video and the bandwidth required led to complaints. Since my return I have been slow to include videos. I have been curious about if or, when, the page load issue would pop up again. I will look at how I include video in the posts. Embedding them is the easy, lazy way for me to do it. Creating a link is a bit more work. Beyond ease, embedded video give a visual break to the mass of text in a post.

The mass of text is a challenge. You should see what is in my feed. Much is redundant, yet I sort through 5-7000 articles a week to come up with a post. The character limits on what can be put in a post are large for the normal day to day forum postings; however, I bump up against them with every post. It is always a work in progress.

Thank you for your feed back and for your effort to read my posts. :wave

I check this thread quite often - especially when it is snowing outside like today and really appreciate the work that it takes to keep it going. I agree that embedded video is hugely attractive. I have experience in web page analytic data on national sporting sites that say an embedded video will get up to 100x the views of a link. The video draws the reader in and the subtending text is read up to 200x more than text alone. As to long text posts audiences tend to read the first paragraph or so and if not drawn in, exit the story (measured in click times). Thank you again for not only this topical thread but for considering how it is curated and received by the viewer/reader with an eye for continuous improvement. :bow

Back