• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Motorcycle Cover: 2015 R1200GSA

pmason

I bought the OEM motorcycle cover for my 2015 R1200 GSA and am experiencing a problem putting it on my motorcycle. Specifically, I'm finding the cover is so taut that it pulls the front indicator stalks out of their mounts and I have to use a key or screwdriver to prise them back in. I'm worried about how long the rubber stalks are going to take this abuse and I wanted to check if other folks experienced the same issue or if there's a special technique to getting this thing on and off correctly.

I typically use the cover when the motorcycle is on the center-stand and with the OEM panniers attached. What I am finding is that the cover is very tight over the back end of the bike, particularly the rear, outward edges of the panniers.I've tried starting the cover at the back end of the motorbike but the problem shifts forward, (of course), and I'm worried about straining the windshield, (always in the lowered position when I put the cover on).

So, if someone knows the magic technique, I'm all ears! :)

Thanks!!!

Paul.

I bought the OEM motorcycle cover for my 2015 R1200 GSA and am experiencing a problem putting it on my motorcycle. Specifically, I'm finding the cover is so taut that it pulls the front indicator stalks out of their mounts and I have to use a key or screwdriver to prise them back in. I'm worried about how long the rubber stalks are going to take this abuse and I wanted to check if other folks experienced the same issue or if there's a special technique to getting this thing on and off correctly.

I typically use the cover when the motorcycle is on the center-stand and with the OEM panniers attached. What I am finding is that the cover is very tight over the back end of the bike, particularly the rear, outward edges of the panniers.I've tried starting the cover at the back end of the motorbike but the problem shifts forward, (of course), and I'm worried about straining the windshield, (always in the lowered position when I put the cover on).

So, if someone knows the magic technique, I'm all ears! :)

Thanks!!!

Paul.
Paul
I just bought a 2016RT and bought the same cover. It fits extremely tight and a couple of times it's snagged on the edges of the front fairing and the emblem. I have to be very careful when I remove it also. I fold my mirrors in to prevent them from snagging the cover.
Bob

Back