• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What Ever Happened to Membership Pins

04r1150rs

ONE LESS HARLEY
I was just wondering what ever happened to the MOA giving out the 5,10, etc year membership pins. I've got a 5 year one, but it'd be nice to have more to add to that one. So does anyone know what happened to getting them or why it was quit??

04R1150RS said:
I was just wondering what ever happened to the MOA giving out the 5,10, etc year membership pins. I've got a 5 year one, but it'd be nice to have more to add to that one. So does anyone know what happened to getting them or why it was quit??

I'm ready for my 35 year pin. Are there any?

04R1150RS said:

AFAIK they are still being provided at specific intervals. I'll ask at the Office.

GregFeeler said:
AFAIK they are still being provided at specific intervals. I'll ask at the Office.
Awright! Maybe with this renewal I am sending in, I'll get a 35. I started in '71 in the fall as I remember...I think I was about 3 or 4 years old of course.

cjack said:
Awright! Maybe with this renewal I am sending in, I'll get a 35. I started in '71 in the fall as I remember...I think I was about 3 or 4 years old of course.

...of course. :laugh

cjack said:

I spoke with Becky, the MOA's Membership Coordinator. Apparently there has been a glitch in the computer report that spits out that information and some of you have not been receiving your pins. Give Becky a shout at membership@bmwmoa.org or at 636-394-7277 and she'll get you taken care of.

Sorry, but we're only giving pins up to 30 years. The MOA has not been in existence for 35 years yet. Thirty-five year pins have not been designed yet. Advance payments do not count; it's actual membership years that do.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Marilyn Roberts
MOA HQ

Mar said:
I spoke with Becky, the MOA's Membership Coordinator. Apparently there has been a glitch in the computer report that spits out that information and some of you have not been receiving your pins. Give Becky a shout at membership@bmwmoa.org or at 636-394-7277 and she'll get you taken care of.

Sorry, but we're only giving pins up to 30 years. The MOA has not been in existence for 35 years yet. Thirty-five year pins have not been designed yet. Advance payments do not count; it's actual membership years that do.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Marilyn Roberts
MOA HQ

Am I right that the first year was 1971...so fall of 2006 would be 35 years...?

Nevermind...I just read the home page and the first year was 1972 (March). So that makes it 2007. I must have been 5 at least by then...

By the way, the first news letter I got was several mimeographed pages stapled together. No plastic on those pages.

Seems like yesterday.

Mar said:
I spoke with Becky, the MOA's Membership Coordinator. Advance payments do not count; it's actual membership years that do.

Marilyn Roberts
MOA HQ

And, I would imagine it would be difficult to send a membership year pin to the life members.
Just out here thinking...about stuff...

The Veg said:
...unless their birth certificates have expiration dates?

I read somewhere that we're good for about 127 years barring disease, etc. Just wear out.

cjack said:
And, I would imagine it would be difficult to send a membership year pin to the life members.
Just out here thinking...about stuff...

As a matter of fact, that's something we've given some thought to. Life Members should receive membership pins, too, when they reach the appropriate years of membership (5, 10, 15, 20, etc.) but we haven't figured out a way of tracking that.

Primary members receive the pins because they renew every so often and the computer kicks out their names (well, it does now that the bugs are out of the program). But Life Members have no further membership communication with the office.

If anyone out there is a Life Member and you want the increment pins, let Becky know and she'll see that you get it/them. Her email/phone number is in my post above.

Marilyn
BMW MOA HQ

MAR, thanks for providing the info on the pins :clap,no 35 year pin for me but I am due a 10 year pin.

CJak, hey I looked at your profile and you were born on a very good date, :buds , must have been a good day for miricales.

04R1150RS said:
MAR, thanks for providing the info on the pins :clap,no 35 year pin for me but I am due a 10 year pin.

CJak, hey I looked at your profile and you were born on a very good date, :buds , must have been a good day for miricales.

Hey great. Hi!
My mother, 19 years old at the time, says it was the hottest night of the year and I had the broadest shoulders, ever, in the history of natural childbirth. She liked me anyway tho it seems.

Mar said:
As a matter of fact, that's something we've given some thought to. Life Members should receive membership pins, too, when they reach the appropriate years of membership (5, 10, 15, 20, etc.) but we haven't figured out a way of tracking that.

I do 3 yr renewals and 5 yrs rarely fall on a year I pay. So do I get one when I hit the year or renew for that year? Shoulda got one last year, I think.

MarkF said:
I do 3 yr renewals and 5 yrs rarely fall on a year I pay. So do I get one when I hit the year or renew for that year? Shoulda got one last year, I think.

OK. That's it. I want a 34 year pin while you're at it...

Back