Thread: What Ever Happened to Membership Pins

Question What Ever Happened to Membership Pins

I was just wondering what ever happened to the MOA giving out the 5,10, etc year membership pins. I've got a 5 year one, but it'd be nice to have more to add to that one. So does anyone know what happened to getting them or why it was quit??

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04R1150RS
    I was just wondering what ever happened to the MOA giving out the 5,10, etc year membership pins. I've got a 5 year one, but it'd be nice to have more to add to that one. So does anyone know what happened to getting them or why it was quit??
    I'm ready for my 35 year pin. Are there any?
    R1200GS LC Rallye
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

AFAIK they are still being provided at specific intervals. I'll ask at the Office.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Foundation Secretary, Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by GregFeeler
    AFAIK they are still being provided at specific intervals. I'll ask at the Office.
    Awright! Maybe with this renewal I am sending in, I'll get a 35. I started in '71 in the fall as I remember...I think I was about 3 or 4 years old of course.
    R1200GS LC Rallye

Quote Originally Posted by cjack
    Awright! Maybe with this renewal I am sending in, I'll get a 35. I started in '71 in the fall as I remember...I think I was about 3 or 4 years old of course.

...of course.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Foundation Secretary, Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

I spoke with Becky, the MOA's Membership Coordinator. Apparently there has been a glitch in the computer report that spits out that information and some of you have not been receiving your pins. Give Becky a shout at membership@bmwmoa.org or at 636-394-7277 and she'll get you taken care of.

Sorry, but we're only giving pins up to 30 years. The MOA has not been in existence for 35 years yet. Thirty-five year pins have not been designed yet. Advance payments do not count; it's actual membership years that do.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Marilyn Roberts
    MOA HQ
    Marilyn Roberts
    R nineT, R1200R, R100 Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    I spoke with Becky, the MOA's Membership Coordinator. Apparently there has been a glitch in the computer report that spits out that information and some of you have not been receiving your pins. Give Becky a shout at membership@bmwmoa.org or at 636-394-7277 and she'll get you taken care of.

Sorry, but we're only giving pins up to 30 years. The MOA has not been in existence for 35 years yet. Thirty-five year pins have not been designed yet. Advance payments do not count; it's actual membership years that do.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Marilyn Roberts
    MOA HQ
    Am I right that the first year was 1971...so fall of 2006 would be 35 years...?

Nevermind...I just read the home page and the first year was 1972 (March). So that makes it 2007. I must have been 5 at least by then...

By the way, the first news letter I got was several mimeographed pages stapled together. No plastic on those pages.

Seems like yesterday.
    R1200GS LC Rallye

I spoke with Becky, the MOA's Membership Coordinator. Advance payments do not count; it's actual membership years that do.

Marilyn Roberts
    MOA HQ
    And, I would imagine it would be difficult to send a membership year pin to the life members.
    Just out here thinking...about stuff...
    R1200GS LC Rallye

...unless their birth certificates have expiration dates?
    2012 R1200GS
    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad
    http://www.thethingaboutcars.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Veg
    ...unless their birth certificates have expiration dates?
    I read somewhere that we're good for about 127 years barring disease, etc. Just wear out.
    R1200GS LC Rallye

And, I would imagine it would be difficult to send a membership year pin to the life members.
    Just out here thinking...about stuff...
    As a matter of fact, that's something we've given some thought to. Life Members should receive membership pins, too, when they reach the appropriate years of membership (5, 10, 15, 20, etc.) but we haven't figured out a way of tracking that.

Primary members receive the pins because they renew every so often and the computer kicks out their names (well, it does now that the bugs are out of the program). But Life Members have no further membership communication with the office.

If anyone out there is a Life Member and you want the increment pins, let Becky know and she'll see that you get it/them. Her email/phone number is in my post above.

Marilyn
    BMW MOA HQ
    Marilyn Roberts
    R nineT, R1200R, R100 Mystic

MAR, thanks for providing the info on the pins ,no 35 year pin for me but I am due a 10 year pin.

CJak, hey I looked at your profile and you were born on a very good date, , must have been a good day for miricales.

MAR, thanks for providing the info on the pins ,no 35 year pin for me but I am due a 10 year pin.

CJak, hey I looked at your profile and you were born on a very good date, , must have been a good day for miricales.
    Hey great. Hi!
    My mother, 19 years old at the time, says it was the hottest night of the year and I had the broadest shoulders, ever, in the history of natural childbirth. She liked me anyway tho it seems.
    R1200GS LC Rallye

As a matter of fact, that's something we've given some thought to. Life Members should receive membership pins, too, when they reach the appropriate years of membership (5, 10, 15, 20, etc.) but we haven't figured out a way of tracking that.
    I do 3 yr renewals and 5 yrs rarely fall on a year I pay. So do I get one when I hit the year or renew for that year? Shoulda got one last year, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF
    I do 3 yr renewals and 5 yrs rarely fall on a year I pay. So do I get one when I hit the year or renew for that year? Shoulda got one last year, I think.
    OK. That's it. I want a 34 year pin while you're at it...
    R1200GS LC Rallye