Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BMW concept motorcycle so safe, no helmet needed

I think flickability becomes a moot issue in a design concept that is self correcting, and self stabilizing. It seems apparent to me anyways that the design team is specifically applying their technolical prowess to solve the marketing problem, "How do we increase sales volume shares? How do we reach a market that is unable or unwilling to learn how to ride a motorcycle? Lets create a motorcycle that requires no training to ride." Flickability: a adverb my autocorrect won't even recognize. We are a dying breed.

All the more reason for me to maintain my current ride to a high standard and support my local dealer. Need to extend my riding fix to at least meet my projected riding health longevity.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 and #364
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

A few years ago I was, heading south on Hwy 169, in the Turdmobile on my way to to a meeting.. Just as I was passing the Canterbury Park area the radio had a fluff piece on horses and the opening of the track for the season. How appropriate. According to the story,, at the dawn of the automobile age, people predicted the total demise of horses by the end of the century. In point of fact by the end of the century there were more horses in our state a century later and they were going to start racing them again at Canterbury. In that century, some livery barns and stables of various kinds disappeared, yet some became car dealers.

I believe we are an evolving breed, not a dying breed. Personal transportation is evolving on all sorts of levels. BMW is betting motorcycles will be part of the process. So are a bunch of others. I have no clue what my children and theirs will be riding in the future; however, I think they will have the option.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by mika View Post
    I have no clue what my children and theirs will be riding in the future; however, I think they will have the option.
    Probably horses.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Probably horses.
    And a couple of them would be fine with that.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!