• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

$$ 90 K75RT value

madmatt

gotgas-touring nogas-lost
a friend of mine can't/doesn't ride anymore. he asked me to sell his 90 K75RT he's had since new. approx 125K, went down once (was repaired), was just parked in a garage 2-3 years ago (no Stabile or long term prep), sat on a trickle charger. cranks & cranks doesn't even sound like it might come to life. ether didn't help, I didn't recall hearing the fuel pump coming on to pressurize the fuel line. any idea its worth as is. or the cost to repair? I'm not a mechanic, but depending on responses', I'd consider buying it for myself to tinker with. what might be a fair offer "as is". over all, the K is in nice condition. thanks

Last edited:
My opinion in theory.
K75's:

Pig in a Poke
Doesn't Run-$1000
If you use it for parts and keep yours long enough, it will eventually pay for itself and then start to save you some money. Maybe.

Pig in a Poke
Runs (after you got someone else's bike running)-$1250-$1475

If any of that is insulting, the owner should sell it himself.

Advice:
Don't do business with Friends.
Friends are more scarce than used motorcycles.

My opinion in theory.
K75's:

Pig in a Poke
Doesn't Run-$1000
If you use it for parts and keep yours long enough, it will eventually pay for itself and then start to save you some money. Maybe.

Pig in a Poke
Runs (after you got someone else's bike running)-$1250-$1475

If any of that is insulting, the owner should sell it himself.

Advice:
Don't do business with Friends.
Friends are more scarce than used motorcycles.

know what you mean. I'm reluctant to try and sell it for him. PS, I don't have a K75 to use its parts.

With 125k on the bike (that isn't running) you had better get it real cheap. Like free.
Unless you want to help him out, or really want a winter project, I'd walk away. Even if you get it running, it doesn't have much value to it.

Post it on the MOA market place and the IBMWR market place as is and see if you get any offers. Someone might want it for parts.

k75

after sitting for 2 -3 yrs , w/ 125 K on it - (no stable in fuel) i'd guess fuel pump is locked.
in that case - (ck 1st)
i'd replace the pump, filter,hoses & i'm sure the injectors would need the same as well.
change the antifreeze, thermostat & hoses. & battery & then tires.
ok - so thats about $1000 (if u do it)
so what is a $1000 bike worth ?
when was clutch replaced ? if not - then its clutch , master & slave
& now the brakes (if u want to ride it)
now u could have $2000 in it (parts)
getting my point ?
if u have to bring it to a repair shop - ur toast in $ valve.
dont junk it - someone out there can use it
if u were in fla - i'd give $300 for it - it needs to be restored to safe running condition - even at $2500 in - investment - (parts) its "all" the $ for it
good luck

Being a '90 I assume it does not have the electric windshield, and it has the older forks and smaller alternator. If the bodywork is intact (no cracks anywhere) there's a lot of value there but the condition of the seat and luggage come into play also.

It probably needs a fuel pump and possibly the other internal tank parts (damper, hoses). Open the filler and see if it smell like gasoline or turpentine. If you want to get really into it you can look for oil leakage around the bellhousing and water pump, try to assess the clutch wear, check that the fan spins, make sure the front fairing bracket isn't cracked, the rear shock functions, and there isn't a mouse nest in the air filter. And there's more that isn't coming to me now, I'm sure. None of these are show stoppers but they affect the value of the bike. Honestly, the retail cost of a typical fix-up of a bike like that is approximately the value of the bike. That's why bikes get parted out. ut if he doesn't want to see that happen, or you don't, maybe you can buy it to see if you like that kind of bike.

There's just way too much involved in estimating the value, since there's so much involved in estimating the refurbishment cost. You have to assess that for yourself.

Back