• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

front brake switch

gmore

First post on the site, as I'm new member. I own a R80/7 1978. The problem I'm having is the brake switch on the master cylinder. When I'm out riding it sounds like the switch is pulling in and out. I've not had the wife drive behind to see if the brake light is coming on all the time, but I did burn out the brake light. I can also create the noise by pumping the brake lever. When I ohm out the switch it works fine.

I'm just wondering if anyone has come across this problem?

I've yet been unable to remove the switch as it's tight in there and I'm going to have to remove the master cylinder from the frame to get it out. I don't want to lose the last few days of riding in Saskatchewan as the weather is on the turn.

Thanks for the help

Welcome to the forum :wave

I'll move this over to Airheads soon. More chances of a quicker response over there.

First post on the site, as I'm new member. I own a R80/7 1978. The problem I'm having is the brake switch on the master cylinder. When I'm out riding it sounds like the switch is pulling in and out. I've not had the wife drive behind to see if the brake light is coming on all the time, but I did burn out the brake light. I can also create the noise by pumping the brake lever. When I ohm out the switch it works fine.

I'm just wondering if anyone has come across this problem?

I've yet been unable to remove the switch as it's tight in there and I'm going to have to remove the master cylinder from the frame to get it out. I don't want to lose the last few days of riding in Saskatchewan as the weather is on the turn.

Thanks for the help

Brake cable misrouted or too tight? Bar movement moving the master cylinder piston?

Last edited:
Back