• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Toronto

tonyr

Hi,
I've been a member of MOA for a year or so I thought I should say hello. Originally from the UK got back into biking a few years back now the kids have grown up :) Had a 2005 GS for a couple of years which i loved. Just upgraded to a 2015 GS, as of a couple of days ago.

Anyway, hello all :)

Tony

Welcome to the site Tony and congrats on your new GS.

Thx Lee.
Love the bike but prefer the clutch on the old one. This one seems to have a lot of drag when fully disengaged causing quite the pronounced clunk/jump going into first.
Is this a sign of damaged clutch plates by the previous owner? Or ?? ..
Really takes away from my pleasure of riding it when commuting in the city.

Also my throttle died this morning for about 5 seconds when turning left across oncoming rush hour traffic. VERY scary

Hello ! Could you tell us what you think about the difference between the 05 and the 15.

Given my current frame of mind don't upgrade!
I loved my 2005 GS. So much so I moved to the 2015.
See here http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?87227-Clutch-Replacement for my frustration. Just feel gutted. Obviously the 2015 has many new features/benefits but I feel I'm changing gears with the box from a Harley, not a sophisticated European motorcycle.

Now I'm wondering do I dump the 2015 (with a huge loss I'm sure) and go back to the 2005 which i was about to sell.

I'll be more helpful and actually answer your question in a week or so once I've ridden it a bit more :)

Thx Lee.
Love the bike but prefer the clutch on the old one. This one seems to have a lot of drag when fully disengaged causing quite the pronounced clunk/jump going into first.
Is this a sign of damaged clutch plates by the previous owner? Or ?? ..
Really takes away from my pleasure of riding it when commuting in the city.

Also my throttle died this morning for about 5 seconds when turning left across oncoming rush hour traffic. VERY scary

Both of our R1200RSs have a very slight tug when cold and shifting to 1st when first started.
The transmission shifts smoother than any other BMW we have owned, but the shift assist does not work as well as the K1300S we had.
Have you had any more problems with losing power?

Both of our R1200RSs have a very slight tug when cold and shifting to 1st when first started.
The transmission shifts smoother than any other BMW we have owned, but the shift assist does not work as well as the K1300S we had.
Have you had any more problems with losing power?

Fortunately not. Let's hope it stays that way.

Back