Thread: Can we get a dark background???

Can we get a dark background???

Hello,

As a long time forum reader I have derived a lot of information and pleasure from this forum. My issue is that I mostly read in the evening. Even though I have dialed my monitor down the white background of the MOA Forum still overpowers my eyes.

Studies show that "blue light" in the evening can disrupt sleep patterns.

Some forums allow users to switch background colors from light to dark (ADVRider/SubaruOutback.org).

Can this suggestion to provide a dark background to the MOA Forum be considered?

Thank You.
    12 R1200 RT
    83 R100 RT

There isn't a really dark style but you can change styles at the bottom of the page.

Capture.JPG

Select a different "model" to change colors. I tend to use "F800" but "K1100RS" will at least give you dark borders.

The forum at advrider.com defaults to light text on a dark background, which is probably hat you are looking for, but it has its own problems when text that is colored for emphasis can become unreadable.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

Thanks for your reply Larry.

I did adjust the "style" per your suggestion to the K 1100RS. That is somewhat better but still a bit to bright.

Progress is good.
    12 R1200 RT
    83 R100 RT

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lkraus View Post
    There isn't a really dark style but you can change styles at the bottom of the page.

Capture.JPG

Select a different "model" to change colors. I tend to use "F800" but "K1100RS" will at least give you dark borders.

The forum at advrider.com defaults to light text on a dark background, which is probably hat you are looking for, but it has its own problems when text that is colored for emphasis can become unreadable.

Nice.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by wvpc View Post
    Thanks for your reply Larry.

I did adjust the "style" per your suggestion to the K 1100RS. That is somewhat better but still a bit to bright.

Progress is good.
    Scroll through and see what suits you the best. Some will not work at all (last I checked) but there are options.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Scroll through and see what suits you the best. Some will not work at all (last I checked) but there are options.
    Gary -

Which ones were they? I can check to see what's going on. If they don't work, then I can remove them from being an active choice.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post

OM
    I was also thinking some did not work, but when checking now using Firefox, they all work.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Gary -

Which ones were they? I can check to see what's going on. If they don't work, then I can remove them from being an active choice.
    As I mentioned, I haven't looked in a while. Just trying to preempt a possible problem
    Gary
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Gary:

Or couldn't he just change the skin option under Forum Actions - General Settings - Miscellaneous Options - Forum Skin?
    Rinty

Quote Originally Posted by Rinty View Post
    Gary:

Or couldn't he just change the skin option under Forum Actions - General Settings - Miscellaneous Options - Forum Skin?
    Rinty -

Yes, he could do that. But it's the same thing (at least should be) by using the selection box at the bottom of the screen. I seem to remember that if you use the box once, it should remember that selection next time. If not, then it's best to use your suggestion.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rinty View Post
    Gary:

What Kurt outlined is probably the most efficient way to get a different viewing option. I also find the renderings a bit different on different devices.
    BTW, discussions/questions like this help to remind Members that there "other" forum functions
    Gary
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I changed the skin from brown (or something) to white quite a while ago. That was a nice feature, when it was introduced.
    Rinty

Quote Originally Posted by lkraus View Post

Capture.JPG

Thanks! That is really cool.
    2015 R nineT