• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Can we get a dark background???

wvpc

Hello,

As a long time forum reader I have derived a lot of information and pleasure from this forum. My issue is that I mostly read in the evening. Even though I have dialed my monitor down the white background of the MOA Forum still overpowers my eyes.

Studies show that "blue light" in the evening can disrupt sleep patterns.

Some forums allow users to switch background colors from light to dark (ADVRider/SubaruOutback.org).

Can this suggestion to provide a dark background to the MOA Forum be considered?

Thank You.

There isn't a really dark style but you can change styles at the bottom of the page.

Capture.JPG

Select a different "model" to change colors. I tend to use "F800" but "K1100RS" will at least give you dark borders.

The forum at advrider.com defaults to light text on a dark background, which is probably hat you are looking for, but it has its own problems when text that is colored for emphasis can become unreadable.

Thanks for your reply Larry.

I did adjust the "style" per your suggestion to the K 1100RS. That is somewhat better but still a bit to bright.

Progress is good.

There isn't a really dark style but you can change styles at the bottom of the page.

View attachment 58411

Select a different "model" to change colors. I tend to use "F800" but "K1100RS" will at least give you dark borders.

The forum at advrider.com defaults to light text on a dark background, which is probably hat you are looking for, but it has its own problems when text that is colored for emphasis can become unreadable.

:thumb
Nice.
Gary

Thanks for your reply Larry.

I did adjust the "style" per your suggestion to the K 1100RS. That is somewhat better but still a bit to bright.

Progress is good.
Scroll through and see what suits you the best. Some will not work at all (last I checked) but there are options.
OM

Scroll through and see what suits you the best. Some will not work at all (last I checked) but there are options.

Gary -

Which ones were they? I can check to see what's going on. If they don't work, then I can remove them from being an active choice.

OM

I was also thinking some did not work, but when checking now using Firefox, they all work.

Gary -

Which ones were they? I can check to see what's going on. If they don't work, then I can remove them from being an active choice.

As I mentioned, I haven't looked in a while. Just trying to preempt a possible problem :)
Gary

Gary:

Or couldn't he just change the skin option under Forum Actions - General Settings - Miscellaneous Options - Forum Skin?

Gary:

Or couldn't he just change the skin option under Forum Actions - General Settings - Miscellaneous Options - Forum Skin?

Rinty -

Yes, he could do that. But it's the same thing (at least should be) by using the selection box at the bottom of the screen. I seem to remember that if you use the box once, it should remember that selection next time. If not, then it's best to use your suggestion. :thumb

Gary:

What Kurt outlined is probably the most efficient way to get a different viewing option. I also find the renderings a bit different on different devices.
BTW, discussions/questions like this help to remind Members that there "other" forum functions :thumb
Gary

I changed the skin from brown (or something) to white quite a while ago. That was a nice feature, when it was introduced.

View attachment 58411

Thanks! That is really cool. :thumb

Back