• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

My biggest fear happened today

Thanks for all the help as I will follow up on these leads. Funny, a member here mentioned he had a set of wheels off a 850r that he'd sell me but after numerous messages I never heard back. I know the front wheel of mine is interchangeable with the front of the 850r only...maybe he realized that and never got back to me.

I am really stupid here

I'm sorry about that, I thought I would get some sort of notice that I received a PM. I have replied to it. I can do the front only as it would be one less thing to trip over in my shop. Again I am sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

I'm sorry about that, I thought I would get some sort of notice that I received a PM. I have replied to it. I can do the front only as it would be one less thing to trip over in my shop. Again I am sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

At least it isn't Facebook with messages piling up in your other inbox that you didn't know you had. Depending on your browser and pop up settings, you may or may not get a notification aside from maybe a little number count up by the Noifications drop down.

At least it isn't Facebook with messages piling up in your other inbox that you didn't know you had. Depending on your browser and pop up settings, you may or may not get a notification aside from maybe a little number count up by the Noifications drop down.
So true! Issue is now resolved.

Thank you so much Jeff for coming through with the wheel! I now have a replacement for the bent front wheel. I will eventually send the original out to be straightened.

Thanks for all your kind words and good info! I was extremely lucky today and count my lucky stars for sure. I was just on Fleabay and noticed that most of the wheels are rear wheels that are available so my search continues. So, it seems that this must be a very weak link in the wheel chain on this bike....very soft alloy!

I think they are designed like that, a friend bent both rims on his very expensive Ducati and when he took it in for warranty repair they said the wheels did exactly what they were designed to do, give a little rather than pitch you over the handlebars. Kinda makes sense.

I think they are designed like that, a friend bent both rims on his very expensive Ducati and when he took it in for warranty repair they said the wheels did exactly what they were designed to do, give a little rather than pitch you over the handlebars. Kinda makes sense.

Ya know, I think you're right! There was a bit of a wobble but I can only imagine going over the bars at 75 mph with cars and trucks all around me. Most of my instincts how to recover was the old days racing AFM on little RD350 's and 400's plus plain luck!

I'm glad I could help

The wheel should be there Friday afternoon. Remember to get the wheel bearing serviced or replaced, it has been sitting idle for a long time.

For those interested, there is a setting that will send an e-mail when there is a PM in your inbox. You can access this in your settings.
Some forums have this feature engaged automatically so it's easy to miss a PM if you don't happen to log into the forum regular.
Nice you guys were able to help each other out :thumb
OM

For those interested, there is a setting that will send an e-mail when there is a PM in your inbox. You can access this in your settings.
Some forums have this feature engaged automatically so it's easy to miss a PM if you don't happen to log into the forum regular.
Nice you guys were able to help each other out :thumb
OM

Thanks for this tip...see if almost didn't know you posted this.

glad to hear you're OK.

Thanks for sharing the story. Good job on staying calm enough to maintain control of your bike.

Thanks for sharing the story. Good job on staying calm enough to maintain control of your bike.

It happened so fast...almost didn't have time to think about what was going to happen. Having raced bikes in the 70's I instinctively controlled it. I did pull over immediately and got my composure. Thanks!!

Back