Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Motorcycle cover advice

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ride View Post
    I chose the Elite Plus Series.
    Thanks
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Motorcycle covers

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Thanks
    Cyclegear have them on sale pretty often $ 39 for waterproof, very good for the price and durabilaty you can get 3 for same price AS BMW !

Quote Originally Posted by skydog View Post
    Cyclegear have them on sale pretty often $ 39 for waterproof, very good for the price and durabilaty you can get 3 for same price AS BMW !
    For a Geza cover??
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Out There Somewhere ricochetrider's Avatar
    I see there was one mention of Dowco. I have a handful of Dowco covers, no packable traveling covers, but big (X-LG) and medium sized ones. I got into them after reading rave reviews about Dowco's customer service.
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World

EZ very useful
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    J C Hughes
    "When you play, play hard, when you work don't play at all".
    Colonel Theodore Roosevelt

I have the cover made by BMW. It has an expandable section for when the top box is on the bike. When the box is not in use the extra material is secured by a zipper.
    My bike gets the sun only in the morning. Twice I've had the cover tear when the material just seemed to lose its strength. Luckily, it was covered by a two year warranty and BMW replaced both times. Both times the tears occurred after about a year of use. Both times the tears were on the side of the cover that's out of the sun, so it wasn't due to UV damage.

My daughter has a cover made by Sealskin. It's over a year old now, and except for the dirt/dust that's landed on it, it feels and looks like new. When my cover gives up again, I'll probably replace it with one made by this company.

Both of these covers are fairly bulky, and would not be my first choice for traveling.

Covers

It's nice to have bike covered, it's nice to have the storage space the cover takes when not using. The covers cost $20 to $100+ ? It just looks like another thing the drug addicts can or will steal and sell or trade to get more drugs.
    Last edited by 179212; 11-07-2017 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shortythorne View Post
    I have the AeroStitch cover and am very pleased with it. It packs into a sewn-on pocket so you don't have a bag to keep up with. I only use it when staying in motels while traveling. It cinches down really well too. I just feel better about the bike being covered when I can't see it. I figure it might discourage someone from doodling around with controls, etc. if they have to untie and lift a cover. It is easy & quick to pack up and measures about 6X6 inches.

+1
    Yeeha! Stephen
    R1200RS, R1200RT, R1200R, (R1150RT = Donated To Charity)
    "Why eat a Burger when you can have Pie?!" Miss Vicki @ Lost Maples Cafe - Utopia Texas

Quote Originally Posted by skydog View Post
    I second the cyclegear covers. Mine has been through 3 seasons, and plenty of storms... and even one nosy raccoon walking around on it.. at least I think from the tracks. Anyway, for like $30 bucks they wear well, and cover my bike with all the luggage, and drybag on the back seat.