Thread: Motoport Racing Gloves Review

Motoport Racing Gloves Review

Hello All-

Brighten up an otherwise somber day with my exciting new review of Motoport's Racing Gloves, plus a special message to my viewers that follows.... Let me know what you think!

-MKL
    Moshe K. Levy
    Moto Mouth Moshe https://www.youtube.com/c/motomouthmoshe
    1973 BMW R75/5 / 1987 Yamaha YSR50 / 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer / 2015 BMW R1200RT

Addicted to windshields Realshelby's Avatar
    I have owned these gloves for several years. They certainly don't show much wear, nor should they. After being complimented on the drawn hand pattern I sent in for sizing, then receiving the gloves, I found my fingers bottomed out in them when curled around the grip. This cut off circulation and fingers went numb quickly. Called Motoport, got a response to soak them in water and dry them in place on a ride. No success. Another call, huffy response when I asked to return them. Which I did and replacements were sent in a larger size. While these are long enough in the finger, the tubes your finger go in are so tight that I have similar issues with finger circulation within one hour. Which is why they don't show much wear, they sit on the shelf for 99% of my rides. I also find the material and construction on the palms to be quite slick compared to other gloves. I am quite a happy customer of Motoport, owning their mesh kevlar jacket and pants. But these gloves do NOT live up to the Motoport standard I am used to. Possibly a Chinese quality control issue on the finger tube sizes?

Thanks for an honest review! I agree with all your points about fit, gauntlet, velcro strap, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Realshelby View Post
    I have owned these gloves for several years. They certainly don't show much wear, nor should they. After being complimented on the drawn hand pattern I sent in for sizing, then receiving the gloves, I found my fingers bottomed out in them when curled around the grip. This cut off circulation and fingers went numb quickly. Called Motoport, got a response to soak them in water and dry them in place on a ride. No success. Another call, huffy response when I asked to return them. Which I did and replacements were sent in a larger size. While these are long enough in the finger, the tubes your finger go in are so tight that I have similar issues with finger circulation within one hour. Which is why they don't show much wear, they sit on the shelf for 99% of my rides. I also find the material and construction on the palms to be quite slick compared to other gloves. I am quite a happy customer of Motoport, owning their mesh kevlar jacket and pants. But these gloves do NOT live up to the Motoport standard I am used to. Possibly a Chinese quality control issue on the finger tube sizes?

Thanks for an honest review! I agree with all your points about fit, gauntlet, velcro strap, etc.
    Yeah, you all know I'm a Motoport fan myself. Love the jacket and pants! But these gloves are not in the same league - certainly not the "best gloves in the world" as advertised!

-MKL
    Moshe K. Levy
    Moto Mouth Moshe https://www.youtube.com/c/motomouthmoshe
    1973 BMW R75/5 / 1987 Yamaha YSR50 / 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer / 2015 BMW R1200RT