• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

"Tracker" App for Nav V

exgman

I noticed an app called "Tracker" on my Nav V today. It seems to be a way to send information to people using email, FaceBook or Twitter. The manual has no information about it. Has anyone had experience with it? It requires the Smart Link app on a 'phone and a BT connection to work.

Requires the smart link app but otherwise works great. It can send ad hoc one off messages or set it to send location status at a timed interval. Only issue is when you shut the bike down for gas as an example you need to reset up the interval messages when you start up again.

I put a shortcut button on my gps screen so I can fire an eta message to my wife when I'm on my way home.

Requires the smart link app but otherwise works great. It can send ad hoc one off messages or set it to send location status at a timed interval. Only issue is when you shut the bike down for gas as an example you need to reset up the interval messages when you start up again.

I put a shortcut button on my gps screen so I can fire an eta message to my wife when I'm on my way home.

I have the latest updates in my Nav V from Garmin Express, and all I have that sound like they might be what you're talking about and they are called, 'Tracks' and 'TracBak' or something like that. I have SmartLink app on my iPhone but maybe the reason I'm not seeing 'Tracker' is because I don't have Nav V paired to my phone? I just realized this because what I do have is Nav V paired to Sena 10R, and iPhone paired to Sena 10R, but Nav V and iPhone not paired.

Addendum: yep, that was it, paired and now Tracker displays and seems to work, except what I thought would be an every 15 minutes email send only happened once over a 80 minute ride. Thanks!

Last edited:
I noticed an app called "Tracker" on my Nav V today. It seems to be a way to send information to people using email, FaceBook or Twitter. The manual has no information about it. Has anyone had experience with it? It requires the Smart Link app on a 'phone and a BT connection to work.

I used the app with a friend the other day while I was riding up through the catskills and stopping at his house on the way home for a BBQ, and it was kind of nice...of course you have to have cell coverage to be able to update your position. If you like to send updates to friends/family while you're on trips it's nice....but most of the areas I love riding in the most also have no cell coverage, so it's spotty at the best of times.

I downloaded the app few weeks ago to my Android phone which has the SmarkLink app installed and active, but Tracker doesn't want to recognize the Nav-V for some reason.

Back