• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Salty Fog Riders Rally: A Sunny Morning Remembrance

tourunigo

A sunny and warm Labour Day here in Larry's River...home of the now completed Salty Fog Riders Rally. We sit here in the morning sun, sipping coffee, and remembering all of the fun and periodic weather challenges of our past eight little rallies (most held on today's date). Most of all we remember all of the friends that we have made over that time, who journeyed to our piece of the world, to our home, for R 'n' R, then onward on a four day ride/camp around beautiful Cape Breton Island. The rally has ended but all the friendships remain. Thanks to all for joining us ....... and we hope that those who couldn't make it were able to make use of some of our ride reports for their own ride. Safe riding eh? - Bob and Mary

We repeat this previously posted video of the past:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/50SzXObdC6M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Thank you Bob and Mary for hosting such an intimate rally with so many varied activities for those of us who were indeed fortunate to have attended. :thumb

Thank you for this Bob & Mary. I was thinking of last year's trip this morning as the sun came up in the east and I with an overwhelming feeling of being drawn like a magnet to Larry's River. Good times, good food, good people. So happy I had the opportunity to join you.

Thanks Paul and Ken! Glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Looking forward to catching up to you both in the new year.... maybe in Utah? We're looking at taking the long way around through June and arriving at rally on time. Maybe there's an award of two-up high mileage on way to rally? Our K will only be 25 years old by then. Anyway, hope to see you then. - Bob

I know that I'm certainly feeling some kind of odd sense of missing "something" this weekend. For three Salty's I planned, packed and set off
toward the long journey to idyllic Larry's River and beautiful Tor Bay. The last two days of riding before reaching your home, were always quite special.
Be it from Maine or Quebec, by the Bay of Fundy or the Gulf of St Lawrence and through New Brunswick... when reaching the "Welcome to Nova Scotia" sign;
that somehow provided a warm feeling that you were close to... friends!

And that's what the motorbike and your hospitality ultimately provided, to anyone fortunate enough to have participated.
Thank You Bob and Mary, it was a privilege to join you.

"three bowl" john & Dara

I know that I'm certainly feeling some kind of odd sense of missing "something" this weekend. For three Salty's I planned, packed and set off
toward the long journey to idyllic Larry's River and beautiful Tor Bay. The last two days of riding before reaching your home, were always quite special.
Be it from Maine or Quebec, by the Bay of Fundy or the Gulf of St Lawrence and through New Brunswick... when reaching the "Welcome to Nova Scotia" sign;
that somehow provided a warm feeling that you were close to... friends!

And that's what the motorbike and your hospitality ultimately provided, to anyone fortunate enough to have participated.
Thank You Bob and Mary, it was a privilege to join you.

"three bowl" john & Dara

Ya, "missing something". Glad we all can have the period opportunity to do an 'alumni gathering' under the MOA umbrella. BTW, on an unrelated note, we are in Florida (near St Pete) for January and February and maybe we can connect then.

Thanks for kind words. The day has now gone from coffee in the sun to beer in the sun! - Bob

Thanks Paul and Ken! Glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Looking forward to catching up to you both in the new year.... maybe in Utah? We're looking at taking the long way around through June and arriving at rally on time. Maybe there's an award of two-up high mileage on way to rally? Our K will only be 25 years old by then. Anyway, hope to see you then. - Bob

I will be in Salt Lake for the National Rally for sure.:dance

I'll see yous guys in Utah, trying without success, to get Nick to make the big trip out West. I'm planning on going to TOR after the rally and hitting the RA National in Michigan on the way out. I've never been in that Northwest corner of the State it's supposed to be pretty.

BTW: I bought a Harley Sportster to add to the collection. The boys (and Laura) are having a hard time getting over that (I'm sure they're just bustin me). :):)
I still have two Beemers so I guess I can be forgiven.

Harry from Jersey

SPT%20MED_zpst96rmhqc.jpg

Back