Thread: R1100RS seat

R1100RS seat

Question do all r1100rs seats slope down hill mine has a Corbin replacement seat on it and I have made about 1 inch spacers to raise front seat brackets and I still slide into gas tank

Can you take some side-on pictures of various configurations of the seat? That might help others see what you're dealing with. Maybe others can take similar pictures of their seat/bike.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 179212 View Post
    Question do all r1100rs seats slope down hill mine has a Corbin replacement seat on it and I have made about 1 inch spacers to raise front seat brackets and I still slide into gas tank
    Single piece corbin and how old is the front shock?

Could be, the front shock is all sagged-out.........
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

That sounds like a very severe slope. Stock seat on mine:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
    That sounds like a very severe slope. Stock seat on mine:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The single piece Corbin saddle had some issues. The one I had required nearly 1/2" of spacers under the latch mechanism (on the bike) for the saddle hasp to mate with the lock mechanism. I contacted Corbin a few times about the issue but received no response. In addition, the height corresponded to a bit more than the lowest position on the stock saddle. They did respond to that question by telling me ......... "it is what it is.."

BTW - Nice RS
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

You might try adding a sheepskin seat cover. You won't slide forward on it. The seat my '00 RS is a Rick Mayer.

image.jpg
    Gary Phillips - #6322
    Wildland Firefighter, Retired, Riggins, ID
    Heartland Moto Locos BMW Riders
    '77 R100/7 Dirt Hack, '83 R80ST, '85 K100RS w/EML, '00 R1100RS

R1100RS seat

Will get pictures of seat a 2 piece Corbin (teal blue with magenta piping) next week heading up to sand hills Lighthouse on lake superior no motorcycle but do get to take my wife and her Taurus SHO as Gloria gainer said I will survive