• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Looking for painter in Seattle for sidecase/fairing

selyab

My bike fell over in the parking lot. It has some scrapes that require the plastic side case and fairing to be repainted. Too much for dabbing a little touch up paint. Does anyone have someone they can recommend? I touched base with BMW Motorcycles of Seattle (Ride West) and the person I spoke with had nothing to offer. Thanks.

If you find an auto body shop that repairs BMW's and Mercedes they might paint it for you. They likely routinely use the factory paints found on BMW bikes.

As mentioned, a local paintshop dealing with higher end cars can match any color.

Will move this over to Regional West soon and maybe some local info:wave

As mentioned, a local paintshop dealing with higher end cars can match any color.

Will move this over to Regional West soon and maybe some local info:wave

Is moving my thread supposed help me get specific information? Does it assume people with specific Seattle information jump right past the Motorrad section while they rush to the "Regional West" section? Maybe you moderators should eliminate some of these rat hole folders and allow the association members to communicate unencumbered. :kiss

Well ya know, trying to get you some local info.:scratch

If you wanted a name for Ralphs Body Shop in Seattle, Regionals is a likely place to find that. If you never browse other sub forums than Motorrad, that's your choice.

Motorrad, by being on the top of the page catches everything , even non motorcycle topics that typically get moved.
It is for general BMW and bike talk, not necessarily a paint shop search. The "rathole" folders are designed to be a bit more specific in nature to the help you are asking for.

Sorry you scratched up your bike, but seriously:dunno

Is moving my thread supposed help me get specific information? Does it assume people with specific Seattle information jump right past the Motorrad section while they rush to the "Regional West" section? Maybe you moderators should eliminate some of these rat hole folders and allow the association members to communicate unencumbered. :kiss

Kinda harsh.
When we move a thread, it is because we feel it will be of best help to the Member to do so.
As far as a place on the forum being a "rat-hole"- not so.
In your case when Members hit the "new post" button, they will immediately see a post from their part of the country and perhaps have the best local knowledge.
OM

Another option is to get the factory color in an aerosol and repaint it your self. I have used Color Rite which specializes in motorcycle paint as a source to repaint my old Concours. They had a perfect match for a 30 year old color. If you go the clear over coat route, stick with their paint. The process is not cheap, their matched aerosol paint runs about $60.00 a can with shipping.

The mod was trying to help you get better responses. A thank you would have been appropriate.

Give Seattle Motorcycle Paint a call. They are on 42nd SW. Google their phone number.

This guy does all my painting (and most of the painting for the local Seattle BMW shop). Ravenna/Sand Point/U Village neighborhood. Call first.

http://www.soundrider.com/archive/services/sik_werks.aspx

Yep. These guys did a great job on a buddies bike (Kawa C-14) that a 20 MPH switchback caused him to low side into a guard rail. There was not any painting needed (all painted parts replaced), but my buddy gave them high marks on customer service.

Back