• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A 50th Four Winds Rally... Thank You & well done!

flyhi2cfar

#102452 Sometimes Hangared... But Always Aimed Out
The 2016... 50th Four Winds Rally... Thank You & well done!

What a great club rally I was able to experience!
I won't single out any one member; because it was obvious
From the large number of events this took a lot of teamwork.
You've set a high standard for any other club throwing a 50th in the future.
I'm sure you had a lot of folks like myself who were at their first
Four Winds; how many? And what was the attendance?
Thank you all.

"Travel'n" john

Last edited:
Four Winds

What a great club rally I was able to experience!
I won't single out any one member; because it was obvious
From the large number of events this took a lot of teamwork.
You've set a high standard for any other club throwing a 50th in the future.
I'm sure you had a lot of folks like myself who were at their first
Four Winds; how many? And what was the attendance?
Thank you all.

"Travel'n" john

They announced at the closing ceremonies the attendance was 350, not sure how many first timers were there, but it was our 28th Four Winds Rally, except for a couple of their club members Darryl and I have been to the most 4 Winds Rallies of a non club member.

Four Winds has always been one of favourite rallies to go to, great roads and really great club members, some have been friends for 30 years.

Terry

"longest running" rally...

Thread resurrection; seems there's either a "challenge", a mistake, or a grand play on wording.

December 2019 BMWON, in the When & Where 2020 Listings: The 49th Annual Top O'The Rockies seems to be laying claim to the coveted "longest running".

Their position of enticement states: "Don't miss out on attending the longest running BMW Motorcycle Rally in the continent". Huh? ... "in the continent"

My 2016 t-shirt from the 50th Four Winds states: "Longest running BMW Rally in America".

What am I missing here?

"travel'n" john

Their position of enticement states: "Don't miss out on attending the longest running BMW Motorcycle Rally in the continent". Huh? ... "in the continent"

Maybe they meant “longest running incontinence”? :thumb

OK historians. When was the first rally for each of these, or any other club rally for that matter. I do know that 2020 will be the 25th consecutive annual Blitz to Branson (hotel rally).

The Four Winds site I saw mentioned this year was the 53rd so the 50th in 2016 makes sense.

I decided to open the (our) history book on this subject. The 2008 publication of the BMW MOA: The First 35 Years.

There I found the following statements.

(1) "The BMW Owners Association (Pittsburgh), Charter Club #6, hosted its sixth Four Winds Rally in 1972."

This math, would of course place their first rally in 1967.

(2) "By today's standards, the size and scope of these events were modest.
The 1971 Four Winds, for example, drew approximately 150 machines, and this was a well-established rally."

Seems we had everything from picnic's and poker run's to covered bridge tours... before the word "Rally" was first used.

And that honor and longevity would point to the Four Winds Rally. (IMO)

"travel'n" John

Back