Thread: Another GS owner in Arizona

Another GS owner in Arizona

Picked up my new GS about a month ago from Ride Now Euro in Chandler. I am very happy to be back in the saddle after (+-) 20 years.
    So far every experience has been great although I am struggling to catch up on the technology. (I will be asking for some Nav 5 help in the tech section) This bike can do things that were only dreams when I drifted out of the MC community years ago. My previous BMW was an R90/6 that was long in the tooth when I bought it, but it served me well and I am very happy to be back aboard the best made motorcycle on earth. I am looking forward meeting as many MOA members as I can.

Welcome to the forum blue
    Wickenburg sounds real familiar...have to look at a map and refresh my travel memories thru there.

Nice bike to return to riding on as well. Your screename reflect dog breed ownership?

Some Nav 5 chatter here:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....sing-something

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....ips-and-tricks
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Welcome to the forum!

another GS

Hi, Wickenburg is about 60 miles northwest of Phoenix, Proper. If you were traveling from Phoenix to Las Vegas, you would pass through Wickenburg.
    Wickenburg used to be known for dude ranches and cattle industry, but now we are more recognized for high-end addiction treatment facilities. The dude ranches went out of style years ago, but I suppose addiction never does.
    Yes, Blueheeler is my favorite breed. I lost my best friend about a year and a half ago. if you don't know the breed, they are mega-intelligent, busy dogs.
    Combine that with an edgy, borderline belligerent and loyal personality..... Well, let's say they are pretty unique.
    I think this GS is all the bike I will ever need. I am amazed by the leaps the MC industry has made..... All a benefit to the consumer. I could not be happier.

Been through there after looking at map

Yeah, we are owned by two rescue heelers, sly and intelligent for sure...keeps us very busy!

FullSizeRender-7.jpg
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Heelers

Your blue one is very similar to my departed buddy. He was almost 15 when I lost him. That was a year and a half ago and I think about him every day. I think we all have that "once in a lifetime" dog or horse or motorcycle. They are the gold standard and maybe not really as good as you remember them, but they can never be replaced. I am glad to meet people with heelers. I'm sure that other breed enthusiasts feel the same.... To live with one or two of these guys is an adventure. I will have another one someday. They get into your psyche and stay there!!!! I was talking to a service dog foster dad one time and asked why you never seem to see a Heeler wearing a vest. He said there are a few, but mostly, they think too independently and tend to make decisions without handler input. I had to agree..... They are pretty pretty self directed. I guess you have to be that way if you are going to boss a 700 lb steer!

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler View Post
    Picked up my new GS about a month ago from Ride Now Euro in Chandler. I am very happy to be back in the saddle after (+-) 20 years.
    So far every experience has been great although I am struggling to catch up on the technology. (I will be asking for some Nav 5 help in the tech section) This bike can do things that were only dreams when I drifted out of the MC community years ago. My previous BMW was an R90/6 that was long in the tooth when I bought it, but it served me well and I am very happy to be back aboard the best made motorcycle on earth. I am looking forward meeting as many MOA members as I can.
    Check out azbeemers.org.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

Heelers

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler View Post
    Yes, Blueheeler is my favorite breed. I lost my best friend about a year and a half ago. if you don't know the breed, they are mega-intelligent, busy dogs.
    Combine that with an edgy, borderline belligerent and loyal personality..... Well, let's say they are pretty unique.
    My Heeler is Red, and is mixed with Border Collie. He manages my finances and is great to have around at tax time.

Sorry to hear of your loss. That is the WORST thing about dogs - they steal our hearts then leave way too soon.

Oh yeah... I have a GS too. Nice bike. Welcome to the club.