Thread: Dow Gear Guard M aka Dow M gear Oil Additive

Dow Gear Guard M aka Dow M gear Oil Additive

Hello again....In an earlier post a reply mentioned this product as an additive to my /6 transmission. It's a moly product with excellent results.
    ...I can find all kinds of information on it, on-line... but nowhere can I buy it?....if you've got a source..please let me know....Thank you...Mike

P.S. ....links to/from DOW and their network are of no value.....I did that..called dow even.... every "distributer" they gave me either never heard of it, didn't carry it, don't want to order it because it would take a large quantity.

I hope someone can tell me, where they actually ordered or bought it....
    Last edited by mwctexas; 08-22-2016 at 05:05 PM.

If you can't find the DOW stuff, I've been using this for years:

https://www.amazon.com/Liqui-Moly-20...+moly+gear+oil
    // 1975 BMW R90/6 (cafe'd) // 1957 BMW R60 (in pieces) // 1967 Aermacchi/H-D Sprint 250 SS (custom special) // 1967 Moto Guzzi V700 (current restoration)

http://symphonyofshrapnel.blogspot.com

I bought mine from my local IBT. They ordered it for me.
    Neal - '16 R1200GS / '81 R65

...just what I wanted.....it's not a DOW product...it's probably the same.....got some ordered from Amazon...thanks for the replies!...

Quote Originally Posted by mwctexas View Post
    ...just what I wanted.....it's not a DOW product...it's probably the same.....got some ordered from Amazon...thanks for the replies!...
    Actually what you referred to is a DOW product. I ordered a bottle from my local bearings shop and split it with other riders. You'll never need a bottle.